Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets
Ruh Roh...10-7 Giants, that's not good...

NotSoonEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets
Oh my, another underdog win...who'd have thunk it? Those grumpy old '72 Dolphins are still perfect.

NotSoonEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Happy NY Traders tomorrow, super bowl indicator says BUY BUY BUY.

Helluva of 4th quarter best super bowl finish in recent memory.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ya other than my Steelers winning that was one of the best Super Bowls ever. Big upset.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
It is Sunday morning the day of the GREAT GAME.

Has anybody had any last minute change of mind on which team will win?

I will not make a prediction because so far I am 0 and 4 (all wrong). But I will say that the N.E Patroits are a great team and the N.Y Giants are a big underdog. We all remember what happen way back when the Pats were a huge underdog to the then mighty Rams. We do also remember Joe Willy and the N.Y Jets way back in the Super Bowl against the Colts. Both underdogs pulled off upsets.

So yes, the football Giants, a very good team on a roll, do have a chance to win and pull off one of the biggest upsets ever.

Everybody have a safe Super Bowl Sunday.

Great call, Wags.
Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #46
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
It's about 7 minutes before the game and I will make a prediction (did not want to make one)- the football New York Giants will win by a cat's whisk·er .

I hope that I did not jinx the Giants.

I went 1-4 in my post season predictions. The only one I got right was the Super Bowl.

I was right the N.Y Giants by a cat's whisk-er.:coolsmil ey:

War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets
Well, that was an incredibly painful game to watch - but props to the NYG. They came to play and their defensive line completely manhandled our offensive line. No one can complain about poor officiating or whatever. It was a staight-up good game and the Pats had nothing left in the tank. But we have a great team coming back next year......

But I have to wonder what in blazes was Belichek thinking when he didn't kick that FG??!! You have more faith in coverting a 4th and 16 than you do in a 49 yard FG? I know Gostowski hasn't had one all year, but every time I looked Brady was on his back - so give the guy his shot. I told my son then that the way the game was going that decision was going to bite us in the you-know-where. You could feel the impending doom.

KM is offline   Reply With Quote