Super bowl food

What do you consider super bowl food ? Wings & Pizza and what else ??

Ice cream, cereal, yogurt, soup... anything that goes well in a bowl is just super with me. I've never tried pizza in a bowl :confused:.

edit: I would consider any food that doesn't require utensils to be great party food. Being the super bowl, I'd probably up my game a bit.

Chile Verde is a super-easy prep. Drain the extra liquid off and it goes great on a tortilla

Ground beef seasonings on a big ol' roll (try whole grain mustard in with the ground beef... maybe some garlic)

Tortilla wraps with ham, cream cheese, roasted red peppers.... turkey with cheese and sprouts

A friend of ours always does gumbo and hurricanes... very tasty all around.

chips

I make an awesome roasted nut mix. It has curry, raisins, and a variety of nuts and seeds. Plus, it's hot and salty which goes well with cold beer.

Chicken Satay is fast, easy, and tasty... an alternative to a peanut sauce would be to just come up with a honey glaze and cook them with that

Hummus is super easy to make and is a great dip for tortilla chips

Homemade salsa: Diced tomatoes, chopped onions, minced cilantro, diced avocado. Maybe some jalepeno if you want it a little hotter.

I'm hungry now.

"Super" Queso:

2-lbs Velveeta ( or similar chesse-type substance)
1-lb Jimmy Dean hot sausage (the ground type)
1-can Cream o' Mushroom soup
1-lb picante sauce

Let the slow-cooker have its' way...

aka "Heart Attack on a Plate"... :eek:

(Bacon optional...)

Today we are having deer sausage with manchego cheese. For dinner its Buffalo wings. I chickened out and didnt do the pure bacon burger.

That Queso looks good!

But ya um super bowl food. Chips/dip some kind of bacon product, Pizza!

Last edited:
2lbs. Velvetta pepper jack cheese
2 cans rotel tomatoes with chilis
1 lb .ground beef
1 chopped onion

Spicy but good

Chips and dips of all varieties, cheese and meat finger foods, buffalo wings, all kinds of pickled stuff, anything that makes flames fire out of your face immediately after eating, and later on some rib eyes with potato wedges.

Um, oh and bratwurst with grilled onions and good mustard. Its not a superbowl party without brats.

Thought this was about the KFC ""Famous Bowl," that inexplicably popular, remarkably grotesque heap of food that comedian Patton Oswalt memorably described as "a failure pile in a sadness bowl."
"690 calories, 31 grams of fat, 9 grams of saturated fat, 4.5 grams of trans fat and 2,110 milligrams of sodium. Basically, it’s a possible acute myocardial infarction in a five-inch diameter and two inch-deep plastic bowl".

Mr. Oswalt on actually eating same: A.V. Club Taste Test Special: The Bowl At The Howling Rim Of Famous-Ity | The A.V. Club

Super Bowl - is that the tv fare played with the stick or the big round ball?

Chips and dips of all varieties, cheese and meat finger foods, buffalo wings, all kinds of pickled stuff, anything that makes flames fire out of your face immediately after eating, and later on some rib eyes with potato wedges.

Um, oh and bratwurst with grilled onions and good mustard. Its not a superbowl party without brats.

Maybe perhaps wrap those brats in bacon? :eek:

I thought that went without saying.

I think I posted my "brat reuben" recipe to last years superbowl food discussion, didnt I?

Yep, there it is...
http://www.early-retirement.org/for...recipe-posting-thread-25331-4.html#post475690

No bacon, but thats easy to resolve. I might substitute some nice fatty well-grilled pastrami for the bacon, as a topper for the bratwurst.

Is there is anything more impressive than using meat as a condiment on top of other meat?

DD is the chef for a super bowl party at her boyfriend's (at college). The food was all on the list of world's most unhealthy food -- including chili without beans.

Her boyfriend, along with his roommates, has been building a home-made projection TV which will make it's debut at the party. My kind of guy.

super bowl food?

soup
cereal
bouliabase
icecream

is it obvious that "i don't follow the volleyball"?~~will truman

I think you put it on hotdogs... :p

Uh uhhhh....thats MICHIGAN SAUCE!

1 pound Ground beef
1 cup lard
1 medium Onion(s), diced
1/3 cup Chili powder
2 teaspoons Paprika
1 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
1 teaspoon Allspice
1 teaspoon Basil, dried
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried

Brown the beef and onions in the lard, add seasonings and allow to simmer on very low heat for 3 hours, or put the browned meat/onions/lard combo into a crock pot, add seasonings and cook for 8-9 hours until the meat almost completely breaks down.

Goes good on burgers, and makes a darn tasty dip for corn chips. One of those things that you can cook forever and reheat as often as you like.

Yesssss....another meat product used as a condiment...and it has real lard in it too!!!

I have made it a few times. My wife grumbles a lot when I do. Then she eats it. Then she maligns it periodically for a day or two. I think its some sort of compensation.

Attachments

• dogs with michigan sauce.gif
    dogs with michigan sauce.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
We're having pulled pork and wings .

I served cheeses and fruit and veggie slices in the first half, then at halftime served pulled pork with vinegar and peppers and some cold asparagus with mayonnaise. Of course the usual salsas and dips for corn chips and pork rinds.

Finshed off with coffee. It was a good choice because I could do everything last night so I didn't have to spend any time preparing food during the game. I made almost 8 pounds of shoulder for 6 people and only had a little left over.

Plenty beer, wine, and mixed drinks too.

Ha

I thought that was called "sloppy joes"...

No way. No ground meat in a real Texas chili, and no tomato either.

Pure beef chunks and fire. I've loved it my whole life, but lately it can give me some annoying reflux unless I eat it early in the day.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom