Join Early Retirement Today

Super Bowl LI: Fox Sports Wins With a Cord Cutting Touchdown!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Super Bowl LI: Fox Sports Wins With a Cord Cutting Touchdown!

Probably doesn't apply to most of us but...

Quote:
this year brings good news! Fox has made it easy for all of us to catch the big game on the Fox Sports Go app. This is your go-to option because the app runs on all major set-top and mobile devices. These devices include Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, and of course some smart TVs will carry it as well.
Super Bowl LI: Fox Sports Wins With a Cord Cutting Touchdown! | Audioholics
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I did TRY to watch it on Fox Sports Go. Worked fine until things got interesting in the middle of the 4th Q. Then the feed dropped out.

Fortunately I had a back-up plan and listened to the plays on the radio until I figured out that the Spanish language video feed was still working. Turned the Fox sound off and went with the (local) radio announcers. Whew! Made the commercials pretty interesting, too.

Could you imaging missing that last Quarter??
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

I managed to avoid NFL football for the entire season, up until the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl. The wife wanted to see if anything interesting happened at halftime, and we weren't doing anything else. We watched on the FoxSportsGo app on our Roku TV. Kudos for the tech, but my brain feels traumatized from all the freaking advertisements. Yeesh.
dixonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
I did TRY to watch it on Fox Sports Go. Worked fine until things got interesting in the middle of the 4th Q. Then the feed dropped out.

Fortunately I had a back-up plan and listened to the plays on the radio until I figured out that the Spanish language video feed was still working. Turned the Fox sound off and went with the (local) radio announcers. Whew! Made the commercials pretty interesting, too.

If it makes you feel any better, I watched OTA, but my set up is when a train goes by, sometimes that causes interference and I almost missed the second 2 point conversion.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonge View Post
...my brain feels traumatized from all the freaking advertisements. Yeesh.
Hey, at least they were the high-end SuperBowl commercials. AND they only repeated a couple of times each.

We did a one-month Roku trial, the lower tier with commercials.

Talk about traumatized! They run the same THREE commercials at EVERY commercial break, several times during each show, all day, every day.

And these clearly did NOT have the budget of SuperBowl commercials.

I see the strategy. At that point, if you haven't worn out your "mute" button or committed Hari-Kari, the higher commercial-free tier becomes a necessity. After a month, you'd pay ANYthing to make them go away.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post

More like a cord cutting FUMBLE!!!!