Super cheap laptop

"The trick is to stay as close to $1500 list as you can, since anything above that is fat margins for Dell."
First experience w/ Dell.  Tried to buy yesterday but their allocation of 10k got used up before I hit "verify" on my order.  Kinda ticked me off since I had the discount and was in process.
Went back today and found offer now is extended to 7/18. Retrieved my order from wish list and it processed an hour later than I attempted the day before.
Offer is still apparently out there at www.dell.com/save750.
I went a bit over the 1500 limit since I needed new ms office edition anyway--still got a 1800 system for 1085 w/ our obnoxious 8.8% tax included.
nwsteve

nwsteve said:
"The trick is to stay as close to $1500 list as you can, since anything above that is fat margins for Dell."
Hi nwsteve,
Wow, That's a great offer. Will need a laptop by year end.

How do you find offers like this on an ongoing basis?
For instance does DELL promote them on its site somewhere?
How do you search FatWallet to find unexpired offers of this magnitude?
thanks

JohnR said:
How do you find offers like this on an ongoing basis?
For instance does DELL promote them on its site somewhere?
How do you search FatWallet to find unexpired offers of this magnitude
Someone else here turned me onto fatwallet (cutthroat/Th??)
Fatwallet has its own help and faq to dig into if you want to poke around.  Basically I have it bookmarked and check in periodically when I have a need or curious about what is out there.  Overall a helpful resource.
Others here periodically post when they see "deals"  If you find something good, post it and others here will very quickly tell you "exactly" if it is any good.
Good Luck
nwsteve

I got my super cheap (free) Dell laptop by getting laid off several months ago.
I was worth the price and it saved me about $700 to $900. ;)

Thanks () wab and everyone for the thread and turning me on to fatwallet..I was going to just get the usual Dell 9300...but this 40% and another $50 off deal right now was pretty cool...

Didn't the Dell Pres say a week ago that they came under their revenue projection because of some marketing miscalculations..wonder if it was those incredible FW deals to be had earlier in the year...mine was great but I ended up at 1500 including tax & s/h ..they must have raised FW prices so next quarter's result will be better...

I know the thread was really about Wab & () and their relationship and we got to sit-in and witness these rapiers of wit striking their fencing poses...it was worth ducking through the thrusts to get my FW deal :D

Thanks Wab & lazy, etc for all the info on the 9300

Laurence said:
So what's wrong with the Inspiron 6000?  My friend is looking to get a laptop, and Dell has it listed for $599 for the entry level (it's all he needs, it's going to be a typewriter and a web surfer).

The 6000 is the best low-end lappy Dell makes. Some people aren't crazy about the WXGA LCD, though. Both brightness and resolution are less than stellar. The WSXGA+, on the other hand, is a beautiful display (if they build it with the Samsung panel, at least), but they charge another $100 or so for that.

DanTien said:
Thanks for the thread and turning me on to fatwallet.
You'll feel differently about that in a year or two after you've bought a few dozen things you didnt need because the deal was ridiculously good. ;)
I know the thread was really about Wab & () and their relationship
We dont have one, although Wab seems to spend a lot of time thinking about my ass. Sorry buddy, I'm flattered, I just dont swing that way.

Back
Top Bottom