Super Tuesday

gandalf42

Recycles dryer sheets
Leading up to Super Tuesday, my wife, the registered democrat, has received at least 7 calls from live folks for the Obama campaign and one full color brochure and caucus location and instructions "door knocker".:eek:
Nothing from Hillary.

For me, the registered republican, nothing from any of the candidates. There was one call polling for who I thought I'd vote for, but that's all.

Have you seen uneven "get out the votes" in your state?

Both the Hillary and Obama campaigns have been fairly active in my town, and Hillary visited Minnesota a day or so ago.

We are a caucus state and I am going tonight to rabble rouse.

After clearing my answering machine when it filled up twice yesterday, I left
it alone when it filled up the third time (I always screen). I must have gotten 30
calls yesterday, almost all automated, some leaving long and detailed messages
about how their opponent is such a scumbag. Romney was the worst offender.
Since we vote today, I expect it to come to an end.

I *do* hate the recording calling but, surprisingly, it wasn't launched at us this year. The DW started to hang up on the live Obamite calls after the third one, but it didn't slow them down at all..have to be impressed with their dedication.

We like to watch the returns coming in..but since I'll be going to the caucus, will miss a big chunk of the prime time coverage.:rant:

It will be interesting to see who's still standing after the dust clears from today's vote!

Got a call from the Hillary group and a glossy . However......... last night I got a call from Chuck Norris.

Minnesota here (twin cities). I think my wife is a registered dem. I'm unregistered. We've been called about 5 times by Obama's campaign and not at all by Clinton's.

I've never been to a caucus before so I'm a little leery. I'm curious, with a caucus, can I vote for each party? Or, am I only allowed to vote once? How do they check?

Obama made an appearance at the Target center (where the Timberwolves play / concert venue, etc). Apparently the line for entry stretched out over a mile.

Chuck, Sylvester, Arnold, Caroline and Chelsea all came to our house at the same time. What are the odds?

Minnesota here (twin cities). I think my wife is a registered dem. I'm unregistered. We've been called about 5 times by Obama's campaign and not at all by Clinton's.

I've never been to a caucus before so I'm a little leery. I'm curious, with a caucus, can I vote for each party? Or, am I only allowed to vote once? How do they check?

Obama made an appearance at the Target center (where the Timberwolves play / concert venue, etc). Apparently the line for entry stretched out over a mile.

In MN where I am too, you have to pick a caucus, either the democrats, republicans, or independents. Pick one and go participate. You don't have to be registered. You register there. And no, you can't vote more than once. Find out where you caucus is here: Minnesota Election Caucus Finder

Chuck, Sylvester, Arnold, Caroline and Chelsea all came to our house at the same time. What are the odds?

5 flaks enter, one flak leaves. What - no Maria Schriver rather than Caroline?

Texas is not even in the Super Tuesday mix however I received a ROBOphone call yesterday from a local pol. When I picked up the receiver...nobody there...then about 5 seconds later "Hello, this is XXX XXXX, " ~I then hung up the phone. I have no idea why he was calling or who XXX XXXX was supporting.

I think I hate those robophone calls more than I do live calls. And, I really hate those live calls.

I think I hate those robophone calls more than I do live calls. And, I really hate those live calls.

Same here. I wish the do not call list extended to political and non-profit organizations. If I get a live political call, I always tell them that I am going to vote against them because they called me.

We must just live right or something. We haven't received ANY campaign phone calls....and we haven't received ANY campaign mail. There are very few signs out around here either!

If we didn't watch the news on TV, we wouldn't even know there's an election going on this month!

We went and voted this morning about 7am. There are 2 local referendums that we HAD to go vote on. On is a sales tax increase....Fat chance! And the other is to grant greater power to the city council to institute NEW taxes, and raise current taxes. Yeah, right! Like we're going to tell them we WANT taxes increases?! I don't think so! (BTW, this is the 6th attempt to get the sales tax increase......it's been voted down by a landslide the 5 previous attempts!)

I went out canvassing for Obama on Sunday. I was pleasantly surprised by the almost uniformly warm and even enthusiastic reception I received. I was also surprised to find that 3 other people in my small office had done the same thing in their own towns. None of us had discussed the fact that we were going to do so ahead of time. Last night, Obama filled the Civic Center in Hartford to capacity (17k people +/-). It looked like the crowds when they have concerts there. All in all, fairly astounding.

Good lord... just got back from our caucus.

They are renovating the community center and so both the dem and repub caucuses were at the high school (apparently they're normally split between the two locations). The traffic pattern into the high school is horrible. Oh, and there was a basketball game and a gymnastics competition at the school tonight.

It took us 50 minutes to get 3.7 miles from our house to the caucus. Then, the signs in the school were horrible... and we were twice told the wrong room to go to. We actually missed getting into the room on time but they still let us vote.

Judging by traffic, I'd say several hundred people weren't able to get to caucus in time tonight.

Marquette, that is terrible! I just got back from our Democratic caucus. Parking was the hardest, but they had it in a local school with lots of room. I blabbed too much and made a couple of resolutions. I love the caucus process, the feeling that maybe just maybe you will get heard.

Our precinct overwhelmingly went for Obama. I am now a delegate to the county convention March 1.

I know Martha, bad planning all around. Oh well, at least we got there and were able to chicken scratch in our votes. Have fun at the convention!

We were so lame. We didn't stick around to see who won our precinct... well, we were so overwhelmed just by trying to get there in time (ever notice how everyone walks slow and line up three abreast when you're in a hurry to get somewhere?)

It's our own fault. The two parties got together and rented bus service from various churches in the area. We should have taken that as a queue to go park and either walk or take a shuttle. Well, live and learn!

Back
Top Bottom