Superbowl menu?? ideas??

Going to a friends house for Super Bowl party and the food is all sea food. While the football people are watching the game in the house a few of us will be in the garage. I'm teaching them how to form a copper bowl.

BBQnut, I hope that's not all you're making. I'm not a big eater except when it comes to ribs. I can eat what's in the picture and have room for MORE. lol

Last edited:
Going to a friends house for Super Bowl party and the food is all sea food. While the football people are watching the game in the house a few of us will be in the garage. I'm teaching them how to form a copper bowl.

BBQnut, I hope that's not all you're making. I'm not a big eater except when it comes to ribs. I can eat what's in the picture and have room for MORE. lol

Home made mac & cheese, tater tots, spicy crab pasta salad - backing to the ribs.

Doesn't include pre-game snacks...too numerous to name:D

OMG, mac and cheese.....can I come over? lol We were just talking about that very food item. A group of us get together and have a friendly cooking contest at different friends homes. Last November we had a meat loaf contest. 3 couples brought their meat loaves and the rest of us bring the salads and veggies. The meat loaves were all great and it was hard to pick a winner. The next meet-up looks like it will be Mac & Cheese and 5 couples want to enter their best dish.

OMG, mac and cheese.....can I come over? lol We were just talking about that very food item. A group of us get together and have a friendly cooking contest at different friends homes. Last November we had a meat loaf contest. 3 couples brought their meat loaves and the rest of us bring the salads and veggies. The meat loaves were all great and it was hard to pick a winner. The next meet-up looks like it will be Mac & Cheese and 5 couples want to enter their best dish.
I'll post some pics tomorrow for how the m&c turned out.

Put some panko bread crumbs on top that has been slathered in some butter for browned crispness - then dive into to cheddar goodness - yum! :D

I'll post some pics tomorrow for how the m&c turned out.
Put some panko bread crumbs on top that has been slathered in some butter for browned crispness - then dive into to cheddar goodness - yum! :D

Darn you, now I feel like mac & cheese.:rant:

Mac and cheese turned out killer good
mac-n-cheese-green-beans.jpg

Crispy brown on top with deep cheese goodness underneath.

The St. Louis ribs were quite good - nice smoke flavor and rub profile. Tender, juicy but the family thought a bit 'fatty' - which shows a preference for baby backs. Can't argue with that.

2015-Superbowl-ribs-after.jpg

I thought they were really tasty. The only thing I'd do different is the sauce & rub profile.

DW was in charge of menu, but I had decided that it was a good day to enjoy a recent gift:

beer_full_dethstar.jpg

Deth's Tar | Revolution Brewing Company | Chicago, IL | BeerAdvocate

Mmmmmm, barrel aged, but not over-the-top. D-licious! Didn't drink like 11%, seemed like less, so leeets seuueee hooow mannee tyypoos R in thiis poooost.

PS Revolution is a pretty new Chicago craft brewer. Their Anti-Hero is my go-to when you want a hoppy one. Lots of flavor, not overly bitter.

-ERD50

Last edited:
Luckily, I was able to skip the meet-up with too many people, and had a couple of friends over, last minute.

Made pizza, testing my new stone. Dough made in the otherwise useless bread machine. Not bad for a first pass.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom