Superbowl menu?? ideas??

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
80% chance of rain here so grilling is 'iffy' (still might try some ribs).. DW offered to make chili..her recipe is fantastic-best I've ever had.. probably some sausage along with, deviled eggs are a must, cornbread... plus the snacks and chips, dip etc... some alcohol might be involved at some point :dance:

what's on your menu?

go Seahawks!!!!!!

New England clam chowder with deflated chocolate soufflé

yum

Go Seahawks!

New England clam chowder with deflated chocolate soufflé

yum

Go Seahawks!

Ha!

I would think some seafood would be involved, given that two coastal cities are involved.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

We did fresh sushi I called in and picked up last year, excellent. I mentioned a couple of items to DW she wasn't thrilled on either. Wonder if I can get her to go for sushi again, excellent reason.

Uni would be a good symbolic repesentation of the league in 2014.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

DW is recovering from surgery so we'll probably be boring and have pizza, salad and beer. We'll have a nice breakfast, and maybe some cheese & crackers in the afternoon.

No matter the menu, remember to never eat on an empty stomach...

I have been invited to attend a meet-up SB watching party!

Apparently upwards of seventy people, in some guy's house...

Won't that be fun!

Ha!

I would think some seafood would be involved, given that two coastal cities are involved.

Party at your house. :dance:

Be glad I don't live closer. I can drink a fair amount of beer. And I LOVE seafood.

Remember we girlz have that spandex eye candy factor goin' on. You guys watch the football and the cheerleaders.

I always see at least 2 balls on the field. Snicker. ;)

We have a bachelor buddy that has an annual Superbowl party. I think it is an excuse to get his sister to clean his house (twice, once before, and once after). Usually 50+ people with ages varying from 20's to 70's.
Menu varies year to year, depending on what people bring, but you can always count on:
3 deep fried turkeys
gallons of deer chili
4-5 lbs of deer sausage
2-3 cases of White Castle burgers
Chicken wings
Pizza
2-3 different salads
Assorted Cheeses, cold cuts, crackers, etc.
10 lbs of home made Italian cookies
And maybe a little bit of beer and wine (OK, maybe more than a little bit)

Go Rams! Beat New England!
Wait, wrong year, never mind!
Go Seattle! (or really any team playing the Patriots)

No matter the menu, remember to never eat on an empty stomach...

I have been invited to attend a meet-up SB watching party!

Apparently upwards of seventy people, in some guy's house...

Won't that be fun!

As an introvert, for me, seventy people would not be fun.

If you are firing up the bbq - do some smoked drumsticks.

I got a jumbo pack at the grocery store for 99c/lb.

Rubbed down with avocado/garlic oil, seasoned with kosher salt & cracked black pepper, then smoked for 2 hours on the rig.

Easy to eat with the built in 'handle'.

You could do up a batch or two the day before because..dang...they are tasty cold the next day!

There good.

We just had duck wing drummies at a local place, sweet and crispy.
Excellent, sorry no recipe, but seemed like they started with a brown sugar base. No taste of orange or traditional bbq sauce.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I got a jumbo pack at the grocery store for 99c/lb.

Rubbed down with avocado/garlic oil, seasoned with kosher salt & cracked black pepper, then smoked for 2 hours on the rig.

Easy to eat with the built in 'handle'.

You could do up a batch or two the day before because..dang...they are tasty cold the next day!

great idea..thanks!!!

We're not hosting this year, so that makes me happy. :) Hosts are serving homemade Pizza (he's Italian, and does it well), so I'm taking this Antipasto Salad recipe full of big chunks of salami, olives, pasta, capers, green pepper, tomatoes, etc. It could be the meal, but what fun would that be? Go Seahawks!

I've got a full keg of sins of our fathers imperial stout on tap and we are serving Texas chili and duck gumbo, both from scratch. I was thinking about frying a turkey or frying some wings but DW ixnayed it.

Let me know if you want me to post the chili recipe. The duck takes a while, first you have to boil a duck (or 5) for stock and it also requires making a very dark roux, which takes about 30 minutes.

Sides will be beans, rice, fritos and fruit salad.

Last edited:
I will probably tune in to watch only the last hour or so of the game (Go Seahawks!) and I will have eaten long before the 6:30 kick-off. But why not something southwestern-Mexican for the menu as they are playing in AZ? I occasionally make fajitas with thin-sliced skirt steak and onions/peppers sauteed in a grill pan, but I think I will make a small pot of chili on Sunday afternoon. I make a version repulsed by true Texans (as I learned when my husband was in the Army) as I add beans.

St Louis ribs prepped and rubbed for tomorrow

Before:
2015-Superbowl-ribs.jpg

After - if I remember and there are any left!:D

I'm not even going to watch the commercials let alone the game but dang y'all are sure making me hungry!

Back
Top Bottom