Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: what kind of (conservative) judge should be appointed to the supreme court
Originalist: Like Scalia, interpreting the constitution as if it was the day it was written 4 16.67%
Libertarian: like Thomas, interpret with a view towards minimal government, feel free to overturn any precedent 7 29.17%
Pragmatist: like O'Connor, who calls herself a cautious incrementalist, wanting to know the effects of a decision in todays world 10 41.67%
Primarily respects precedent: conservative in that would be slow to overrule any prior decision of the court 3 12.50%
Deference to legislative/executive: no current judges, basically defers to what the president or congress decides 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

supreme court
Old 07-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
supreme court

My first shot a a poll. We know we will have a conservative judge to replace O'Connor. What type of conservative would you pick? As a liberal, I might have missed a "type" so let me know. I did not pick "strict" constructionist--most all judges claim they strictly construe the constitution. Originalist or one who follows original intent is probably the closest.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: supreme court
Old 07-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.
Re: supreme court

I voted libertarian, as the least damaging of the above choices.* What I would really like to see is judges (and legislators) who fear the Lord, and make justice a high priority.* Too much silliness going on now.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote