Telephone caller screening devices

The Sentry 2.0 does it right for screening out the robo, telemarketing calls, but letting the legit ones come through.

Connecting "serially" do you still get caller id? I know some brands seem to work and pass the caller Id, while others do not. My case is the latter do I connect "in parallel" got get the caller Id, but one ring.

Funny, this very moment as I type, I just got a one ring call :LOL:
The callerid does not go out to the phones. The number (not name) shows on the Sentry device.
I don't mind that callerid is missing on the phones, since I know the caller is legit. And we don't have any family or friends that we want to avoid talking to. But if we did, we could let the answering machine pick up, and screen as they left a message.

The callerid does not go out to the phones. The number (not name) shows on the Sentry device.
I don't mind that callerid is missing on the phones, since I know the caller is legit. And we don't have any family or friends that we want to avoid talking to. But if we did, we could let the answering machine pick up, and screen as they left a message.

This sounds like a really good solution for you.

I do wish the Sentry device had a backlight. Especially now with a battery backup. But still, I really can't complain :)

Very surprising and happy update. Mom showed me an ad for a smartphone, says she wants to be able to text :confused: .

She read an article about telephone communication after an earthquake ( we had a few small shakers on a very dangerous fault this week). The article said" to send text, not cell phone calls".

I have little confidence in the cell system infrastructure after a major quake , but this sure fixes my everyday problem :). Ordered a LG vx9200 , full large button keyboard, after doing a search of best text phones for seniors.

Might just get a second one for myself.

We switched Comcrap for Phone. We already had TV and Internet with them. Got upgraded to HD with HDMI feed to TV. Previous box was composite video out. DW is SCIFI TV addict and wanted recording feasture. Actually total cost is now chaper than before with phone on Verizon. As a plus the remote works via RF, so the cble box is hidden behind the TV, less clutter to look at (a special bugaboo of DW).

As some bonus the number of robocalls have dropped to about two or three a day from 6 or more. Plus they give us Caller ID as part of the package, which verizon wanted extra $ for. And all the nickel and dime surcharges adding up to about $25/month are gone as well. We had it for a month now so far so good. WIll activate nomorobo in a few days. I got a caller id box at goodwill for $2.50 for my phone. Tried the Comcrap caller ID program on the PC, it was modtly NFG. Deleted it.

Back
Top Bottom