Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Tivo, man...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Tivo, man...
Nope! Once you start that, where does it end? I'm only half kidding. I'd Tivo all of the Sunday morning talk shows...plus the stuff I might be interested in when DH is watching TV (we have another set if I really want to see something on a different channel). We have east coast and west coast plus local if we happen to be where we get local reception. In the end, I'd spend too many hours watching TV. This keeps my life simple...if it's important to me, make time for it...if it's not that important, do something that is.
Twinkle Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Eh, there some truth in that. Being able to sit down and have 400 hours of exactly what you want to watch on tv can have its challenges.

But I like having it all on my timetable and being able to stop and start it to suit interruptions. Thats nice. Plus commercials are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, it makes you slightly socially retarded. People start using lines out of commercials and you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

By the time I knew what "Whassssuuuuuup!" meant, it was too late.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Eh, there some truth in that. Being able to sit down and have 400 hours of exactly what you want to watch on tv can have its challenges.

But I like having it all on my timetable and being able to stop and start it to suit interruptions. Thats nice. Plus commercials are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, it makes you slightly socially retarded. People start using lines out of commercials and you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

By the time I knew what "Whassssuuuuuup!" meant, it was too late.
Most of my friends watch less TV than I do, so I don't have to worry about them thinking I'm slightly retarded for that reason, but I will watch half-time for the super and pro bowls to see what the ad men come up with. Some are quite amusing.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 AM   #25
Dryer sheet aficionado

I enjoyed the first two shows, but something about them seemed to move a little slow. Will continue to watch with the idea the shows will keep getting better. I like the story line.
I wonder how many of these were finished before the writers strike.
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Wow, I tuned in again last night and what a treat! Wonder if there will be more and more of the action taking place in the future. I think this might be a real thumbs up...if it just won't get "soapy".
Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
...By the time I knew what "Whassssuuuuuup!" meant, it was too late.
You should be proud of that fact.
cantlogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

I am!

Okay, is it just me or is anyone else wondering why Summer Glau was able to act and speak like a perfectly normal teenage girl in the first episode (to the point of fooling the kid who has dealt with terminators all his life) but after that she's walked and talked like a robot?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #29
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm hooked. I watch it at Fox's website. Fox does not have any commercials at their website. Some of the other stations have commercials but not many or at least as many as the TV.
mountaintosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintosea View Post
I'm hooked. I watch it at Fox's website. Fox does not have any commercials at their website. Some of the other stations have commercials but not many or at least as many as the TV.
We love the fact that we can watch on Fox it if we miss the show. Commercial free is a big bonus.

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

I keep watching it only to diss it the following day discussing with friends. Worst episode ever.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintosea View Post
I have sat. internet and it's just too slow to get continuity of the action. Plus, I try to avoid getting FAP'd, so I don't download a lot. Not complaining too badly because I can get internet no matter where we are, plus I can watch on East Coast or West Coast.

There were so many things referred to in T3 to bridge the time between T2 and T3 that they could evolve all kinds of story lines. I keep hoping for a glimpse of a terminator that looks like Arnie in the "future" scenes...who knows. That model is the one that kills John in the future. And wonder why the teen terminator keeps collecting "stuff" from dead terminators or parts they will be made of. Yeah, I thinks I'm hooked, too.