Test: What kind of business should you start? (This is a good one)

I think Sarah is on to something. They don't ask any questions that help determine whether you would be good at owning a business, or happy & satisfied as an entrepreneur.

I have nearly always worked FOR entrepreneurs in my life, but from this experience I learned that I do not ever want to own my own business. Better still to help the man make his business and be paid for it, than sweat the details of my own.

I ended up with Investor/Owner, before I retired I ran my own Institutional Kitchen Installation business for about 12 years.

Cool test. My three leading categories (together > 50%) are organizer/administrator, communicator/trainer, and investor/owner. My smallest slice is sales/broker. Thank goodness I didn't end up buying that business brokerage firm in Miami. It would have sucked to try to sell to people small businesses that always have some problem or another. Strange, but my other equally small slice is technologist/engineer, and I did that for 10+ years, and some of you are actually using circuits I designed. I guess when a paycheck is on the line, you'll do stuff that you're not naturally inclined to do.

I have nearly always worked FOR entrepreneurs in my life, but from this experience I learned that I do not ever want to own my own business. Better still to help the man make his business and be paid for it, than sweat the details of my own.

I am the same way! I was a real estate agent for 3 years and that taught me that I would rather have a steady paycheck. I am just not interested in running my own business. I would rather work for someone else. I think I am actually more responsible when working for someone else because I'd have a guilty conscience if I slack off. I also did not like the worries about not knowing where my next paycheck is coming from.

"Administrator/Manager" here. It's actually pretty appropriate, given my current job.

Back
Top Bottom