Join Early Retirement Today

Texas~Disney Style?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Texas~Disney Style?

Disney Plans Texas History Theme Park

Texas Assoc. of Museums has learned that on April 1 the Disney Corporation will announce plans to build a new Texas History and Museum Theme Park to be located between Fort Davis and Marfa. Planned to be the largest of the Disney theme parks, the THMTP is expected to attract over 2.5 million visitors a year to this remote part of Texas.
Over the past several months officials of the Disney Corporation have negotiated the purchase of the historic 65,000-acre Buford Ranch sited in the most scenic area of Jeff Davis County. Disney spokesman Donald Canard declined to reveal the purchase price, simply stating that the Buford family will be “set for life.” Based on the preliminary plans, the THMTP’s family entertainment park will include:

o an Alamo Village featuring life-sized holographic figures of not only Crockett, Travis, Bowie, and other heroes, but also Santa Anna and his generals. Concessions and restaurants in this part of the park will feature strolling mariachi bands dressed as Mexican soldiers.

o a Presidential Trail that will include replicas of the furnished Oval Offices of LBJ and both Bushes. Visitors will be greeted at the entrance by a talking “Cactus Jack” Garner (Vice-President under FDR) who will be “larger than Big Tex at the State Fair of Texas.”

o the “Texas Art Museum”, 40,000 square feet of galleries containing replicas of “every major work of art in every art museum in Texas”, a total of over 2,000 objects according to Disney. Thanks to nanotechnology “cloning” techniques and galleries taking full advantage of abundant natural light in West Texas, Disney expects the art objects to look “better than the originals.”

o An exact replica of the San Jacinto Monument. Standing at 15 feet taller than the Washington Monument, the view from the Disney’s monument will allow our patrons to see “all the way to Mexico.” Disney added that the view from the clear air of West Texas will be much better than the murky view of the Houston Ship Channel.

o Texas “Fantasy Land” that includes well-endowed, managed, and maintained museums that any community would want in their town. Museums in this part of the theme park will have state of the art climate control for their replica objects and “Disney-cheerful” docents leading tours. The parks will also be well funded and maintained.

Overall Disney maintains that this theme park will tell the history of Texas that visitors believe in and expect, whether it is true or not. Spokesman Canard said it will be “a museum-quality ersatz experience.” Disney has hired internationally-known French theme park architect, Daphne de Mallard, to design the Texas History and Museum Theme Park.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Texas~Disney Style?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd
Overall Disney maintains that this theme park will tell the history of Texas that visitors believe in and expect, whether it is true or not. Spokesman Canard said it will be “a museum-quality ersatz experience.”
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Excuse me while I puke.

That location is way, way, way out of the way. West Texas will love it and I can see a major international airport going in somewhere. I can't see there being a strong rush to go to a historical park out in the middle of nowhere.

It does eliminate a decent part of Texas for retirement living. The climate arount Ft Davis is very nice -- except for the scorpions and tornados.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

I am a fifth generation Texan and you couldn't get me to this place on a bet. The big bend area is wonderful for the nature lovers, but I can't see mom, pop, and their 2.5 kids taking the SUV out there for a three night stay at Disney Over the Bend. It's a long way from no where. And there REALLY ARE A LOT OF RATTLESNAKES, SCORPIANS and other undesireable creatures. This has got to be an April Fool, just a little to late.
Lakerat Nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd
Disney spokesman Donald Canard
internationally-known French theme park architect Daphne de Mallard
Quack, quack, I mean Happy April Fools, guys.

Although Mallard & Canard sounds like an excellent name for a high-end Dallas law firm...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote