Join Early Retirement Today

Texas Rangers
Old 10-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #1

Texas Rangers

Thank you Texas Rangers for beating NY Yankees. There’s nothing as sweet as watching a NY sports team lose. Especially the Yankees.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

agreed. especially since they swept my twins this year.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Rangers are looking pretty good. Bring on San Fradelphia!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

This unassuming looking gent is your secret:
Old 10-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
This unassuming looking gent is your secret:
Mr. Ha, thanks for the pic. He's got my vote for MVP.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season.

I live in the Dallas area and love the Rangers (and Lee) but lets not get too carried away with what hes done for them. They would've beaten the Yankees without him. Im not sure what they would've done vs the Rays without him but they scored a lot of runs in both of the games he pitched so a lot of pitchers wouldve won those games.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season.

I live in the Dallas area and love the Rangers (and Lee) but lets not get too carried away with what hes done for them. They would've beaten the Yankees without him. Im not sure what they would've done vs the Rays without him but they scored a lot of runs in both of the games he pitched so a lot of pitchers wouldve won those games.
How about ... MVP Yankee Killer. And if others contributed, I'm happy to vote for them as well.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #8

But he only beat the Yanks once. Colby Lewis became only the 7th pitcher to beat them twice in a series.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Ahhh ..gotta love that Texas humility ...

Be reminded though that NY has 27 world series championships and forty American League pennants... Not that I'm bragging or anything...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

One of these guys...

Take your pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jesus.jpg (15.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg devil.jpg (11.1 KB, 41 views)

Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegs View Post

Be reminded though that NY has 27 world series championships and forty American League pennants... Not that I'm bragging or anything...
Considering "I" didn't do anything but drink beer, and watch the game on TV, I'm not bragging about winning anything...

Old 10-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #12

Quote:
But he only beat the Yanks once. Colby Lewis became only the 7th pitcher to beat them twice in a series.
All right. I'll not argue the point as I'm not a baseball fan, and I have a lot of confidence in Mr. Ha's judgment, so I'll leave the details to those in the know. I do enjoy two things about this match, however:
The Yankees lost, and the team that beat them had a payroll about 1/4 the size. For me, the Rangers can't get any better, and my decades old respect for Texas (I lived there once upon a time) has found new light.

Peace.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season
I personally wish the MVP could be split between Hamilton and Lewis for the ALCS. I normally am not a fan of cop-outs like dividing an MVP award, but in this case I could see it as justified.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
All right. I'll not argue the point as I'm not a baseball fan, and I have a lot of confidence in Mr. Ha's judgment,
Peace.
Well, thank you. But I admit to being a Cliff Lee fan, and I really didn't do much analysis to pick him here.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I have been a Josh Hamilton fan back when he was a kid with TB. After his recovery from substance abuse, he is an inspiration, and a hell of a hitter.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegs View Post

Don't worry. 4 months from now, Cliff Lee will be a Yankee after they throw more money at him than anyone else can afford to just like they do every player....which by the way explains their 27 World Championships and 40 AL Pennants.

Put a salary cap on baseball like football has and we'll see who the best teams are. Not just who can spend the most money.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Don't worry. 4 months from now, Cliff Lee will be a Yankee after they throw more money at him than anyone else can afford to just like they do every player....which by the way explains their 27 World Championships and 40 AL Pennants.
....and then he will go back to his "normal" style of pitching and the Yankess will have purchased their latest FUTILE attempt at buying the pennant

....and I AM a Yankees fan....although I enjoy GOOD baseball more....

...and when you have ANY team that goes to intentionally walk a batter and then the pitcher commences to throw the baseball OVER the catcher to the back stop...man...it IS time to go home!

...and just for the record I turned it off after that "play"....just like I do the bad news..... and the continually "positive" pundits who couldn't tell where the stock market is actually headed WITH a crystal ball....that works!