Texting gone too far

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This is pretty bad - the bride texting during her wedding ceremony.
It's the bride's big day and she wants everyone to know about it, but texting during the service may be taking things just a little too far. Here the bride is walked down the aisle by her father and a preacher begins the service. Standing with her father directly in front of the preacher, she suddenly puts her hand down her chest and pulls out her cellphone.
Pictures and video follow: OMG! Bride starts texting during her wedding ceremony, lol! | Mail Online

I am amazed by the number of people I see walking around (just about anywhere) with their heads down.

Many wedding gowns today come with a secret pocket for the cell phone. Ridiculous. Everyone knows the maid of honor is supposed to do the bride's texting for her.

Many wedding gowns today come with a secret pocket for the cell phone. Ridiculous. Everyone knows the maid of honor is supposed to do the bride's texting for her.
:LOL:

Hopefully they stop texting after the reception and resume the next day...

omg i luv u but now thnk abrtion would b better idea bfn

I'll never understand texting. We waited for ever for technology to get us so we can call each other. Then once we all had cell phones we started writing letters to each other again. Crazy!

I love texting.... not because I do it (I don't) but now that people have figured out that they can do things quietly and therefore privately, life is so much more peaceful. I'm surprised teenagers didn't figure it out a lot sooner.

I used to hate walking around in crowds and listening to loud and intense conversations about absolutely pointless things ("So, like, he said, like, your hair looks like a poodle with like mange and so, like, I said, like yeah, whatever.")

I have never understood the need for people to have to communicate 24/7 about every minute detail of their lives.

On the way home from ice skating today I stopped for coffee at an internet cafe thingy. It is conveniently along the way. While sitting there sipping, I realized I was the only one without an electronic gizmo to focus on. Everyone else was glued to some laptop, notepad or palm sized whatever.

In came a 20 something guy with a lovely lass. They got their frappe whatever, sat at a table and whipped out their electronic palm sized communicators. They both were tippy tapping furiously on the screens of their communicators. They did not speak to each other at all. Well not with spoken words.

As I was ready to go home by now, walked past them and asked, are you two texting to each other?

Did not wait for an answer, just kept walking.

As for the OP, texting is better than giving one last minute joyride to the best man before the ceremony. There was a video of such on joytube a while back.

As I was ready to go home by now, walked past them and asked, are you two texting to each other?

Did not wait for an answer, just kept walking.

Did the same thing on the beach in Waikiki. Two people sat on either side of me and proceeded to talk to friends for over 4 hours, non-stop. The constant inane chatter is irritating as all get out.

As I was packing up to leave, I said "If you miss them so much, why don't you just go home and talk to them directly". They were stunned - guess the idea never occurred to them.

Well, I have to raise my guilty hand here. Mrsin and I frequently im each other while at home and sometimes in the same room. Visit us at Christmas and you will find 6 of us, two sinkids, their spouses and the two of us, im'ing each other.:facepalm:

I guess it's because we are all regularly separated for months at a time and our communication is mostly thru im and has been for years.

Many wedding gowns today come with a secret pocket for the cell phone. Ridiculous. Everyone knows the maid of honor is supposed to do the bride's [-]texting[/-] tweeting for her.
Fixed it for you.

And, yes, I've read tweets like "Had a great wedding, starting the reception now!!"

I had a pocket sewn into my wedding dress when it was made for me. But I put my pocketknife in there.
Yeah, I know, that's why it's called a "pocket" knife. But do we really want to know what function it served during the ceremony?

Yeah, I know, that's why it's called a "pocket" knife. But do we really want to know what function it served during the ceremony?

In case he wasn't circumsized.

Or later on that [-]night[/-] day?

Seen in my daughter's neighborhood...

Attachments

• Texting and flying.JPG
    Texting and flying.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 22
The scariest view, is looking in the rear view mirror after stopping at a red light, and seeing a young thing putting on eye shadow while driving with her knees, or looking down and texting while driving with her knees as she comes up on the back of your car.

I walk every day, and on a certain downhill stretch I have seen three cars driven by young things go over the curb and up on the sidewalk as they lost control while texting. The road was straight........

It's beyond my comprehension that someone would text while driving, but I've seen it.

I can see a lot of reasons to text when you are walking up the aisle
Mom ,Do you think Dad will be upset if I back out .
BFF Is he really the best I can do ?
To BFF Does this dress make me look fat
To Accountant Make sure his will is valid and he is really worth millions .
To Ex Na, Na ,Na I'm getting Married and you are still a loser
To Caterer Hold the canapes I'm chickening out !:):):)

It's beyond my comprehension that someone would text while driving, but I've seen it.
Last weekend we were driving home in the evening (dark), and as we approached a cyclist I said, "typical, dressed in black, and no lights." As we went by my son said, "Brilliant, he's texting, you can see the glow of his phone".

I love texting also because it is an asynchronous way of communicating - you basically answer (or not) when you want to.
I will use a short text message ("Hello. You busy?") to get the attention of friends who are still w*rking, almost like a pager. If they cannot call me, they will send a quick message back telling me when they will be free to call. End of text session. :D
I also use it to send a message about my estimated arrival time if I am delayed. Very handy.
When we travel, I will occasionally send a message or good photo (camera in cell) to friends' email to pass the time while Mr B is driving. He is not much of a talker when he is behind the wheel.

Mr B does not have texting on his cell. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom