Thanks for this forum!

OHjosh

Recycles dryer sheets
I consider myself still pretty new to retirement. Amongst the sites I visit daily is this one. Posters have helped me think through the transition (not the change) that is retirement. Others have given me practical advice that has saved money. And my financial advisor has had to answer questions about my retirement strategy that I would not have known to ask! (I am content with the answers.)

So on Valentine's Day, Here's a heart going out to so many of you! :greetings10:

PS: In an unclear but definite way, the sharing on this forum has helped me make the decision to go completely w*rk free. In four months I will be leaving a part time job that does not serve me any longer. (I am staying this long because I am the major buyer for the store, and I wish to train someone rather than just walk out.)

I will be struggling with that thought: "Am I useful if I am not doing something practical (that makes money)?" But it really is time for me to see what is my next adventure...!:dance:

Hearts back atcha :flowers::LOL:

While I won't say the forum influenced my decision to retire and go part-time, I can say that all the sharing has made me even more comfortable than I already was with the notion of being retired.

I consider myself still pretty new to retirement. Amongst the sites I visit daily is this one. Posters have helped me think through the transition (not the change) that is retirement. Others have given me practical advice that has saved money. And my financial advisor has had to answer questions about my retirement strategy that I would not have known to ask! (I am content with the answers.)

So on Valentine's Day, Here's a heart going out to so many of you! :greetings10:

PS: In an unclear but definite way, the sharing on this forum has helped me make the decision to go completely w*rk free. In four months I will be leaving a part time job that does not serve me any longer. (I am staying this long because I am the major buyer for the store, and I wish to train someone rather than just walk out.)

I will be struggling with that thought: "Am I useful if I am not doing something practical (that makes money)?" But it really is time for me to see what is my next adventure...!:dance:

Couldn't find a meaningful job in my field after accepting a MegaCorp package. Then along came discovery of this site and various referenced calculators, which totally influenced my decision that it will be okay.

I had already decided that I had to leave Megacorp when I found this place. However the advice and mentoring here made it so much better.

I actually hadn't found this site before I retired. I did how ever was a member of BH and it was a value to me big time prior to retiring. Since finding this site it has been a big help and the advise and experience of the people here is outstanding.

I'm glad I had a mentor in BH but I can say this site is where I needed to be and appreciate the people here a lot.

I actually don't feel it would of been as smooth of exit or even going forward with this site.

I will be struggling with that thought: "Am I useful if I am not doing something practical (that makes money)?"

Most definitely yes. You contributed to society and your job while you were working, and will continue to do so after retirement. Well, as long as you don't rob any banks or something.:D

The members of this site absolutely helped to influence my decision regarding retirement. There have been so many good discussion threads and links to other websites full of information. Of course, some good decisions of my own and a whole lot of luck helped to retire early.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

Nice post, OP.

I heartily (pun intended) agree. This forum is one of the best on the internet and I've often mentioned how much money, pain and confusion it has saved me.

I agree, this forum is great. I had already decided to ER before joining, but got great advice on how to manage the discussion/resignation and many other things. I continue to read it often and always learn something. Lots of nice people here willing to share their experiences.

Yes, this community is very fine.

Back
Top Bottom