That's a bit Young - Don't You Think ?

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Oh, What's the world coming to ?

Walmart announced in January that it would soon offer a full line of makeup especially for 8-year-olds (and up), by GeoGirl, including mascara, sheer lip gloss, pink blush and purple eye shadow, all supposedly designed for young skin. (An executive of Aspire cosmetics said her research revealed a potential market of 6-year-olds.) [Houston Chronicle, 1-25-2011]

Well, since there's a "People of Walmart" website, mebbe they figgered they needed to "purty them future customers up a bit" ?

I hate to tell you boys this, but back in the mid 1980's when my daughter was in kindergarten and elementary school, cosmetics for little girls were very popular. The lipstick was pretty clear and the rest was pretty natural looking so you probably just never noticed it. :rolleyes:

There's a stage some little girls go through when they want to wear makeup "just like mommy". The fake cosmetics fit the bill and keep them out of mommy's expensive stuff. :LOL:

I hate to tell you boys this, but back in the mid 1980's when my daughter was in kindergarten and elementary school, cosmetics for little girls were very popular. The lipstick was pretty clear and the rest was pretty natural looking so you probably just never noticed it. :rolleyes:

There's a stage some little girls go through when they want to wear makeup "just like mommy". The fake cosmetics fit the bill and keep them out of mommy's expensive stuff. :LOL:

Don't try to confuse us with facts and personal anecdotes...:LOL:.

And I think every single mother practically has had some little boy fingers dig into her ever-so-enticing pretty colored eyeshadows for fun....hmmmm....:(

And I think every single mother practically has had some little boy fingers dig into her ever-so-enticing pretty colored eyeshadows for fun....hmmmm....:(

Depends on what else were you wearing besides that enticing eyeshadow...:ROFLMAO:

In the early 60's, momma used to give me the samples from Avon. Boy...I thought I was sumpin' else....:-*

:LOL:

The fake cosmetics fit the bill and keep them out of mommy's expensive stuff. :LOL:

Uh huh... Riiiiiiiight... :\

Unless your daughters are like mine. They figure that what mom gives them must not be as cool as the makeup she keeps for herself, so they still steal her stuff. When we're lucky, it's only to put on makeup. When we're not, it's to paint themselves up like clowns, melt on the radiators, draw on the mirrors....

Back
Top Bottom