That's Why It's Called Gambling...

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Oh my, speaking of "the joy of victory, agony of defeat." A half-billion dollars changed hands just like that.

"As soon as replacement official Lance Easley's hands shot into the air, signaling a touchdown that snatched victory from the Green Bay Packers and awarded it to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night, a half-billion dollars changed hands, said oddsmaker Marc Lawrence of playbook.com."

Oddsmaker: A half-billion changed hands on blown call

My team benefitted from this amazing call. It was funny to watch Pete Carroll interviewed after the game, trying to act like his team had won. And Golden Tate, who was ruled as the receiver was trying so hard not to admit that no way had he caught the football. Even your 80 year old grandmother watching while she was ironing realized that was an interception.

These sandlot refs have to go.

Ha

I think that at some point the owners need to realize that they are putting their business at risk, suck it up, and pay the refs what they have asked for.

I think that they assumed that the replacement refs would be adequate (I thought that too), but they are not.

They were a disaster at the end of the Vikings/San Fran game too. They didn't change that game's outcome, but they sure gave it the old college try.

$3 million to protect your $9 billion dollar business seems like a sensible expense at this point.

I think a lot of megaconglomocorps have the same idea; i.e. that any old warm body is the same as another. But I guess you have to discount one's abilities and experience to justify trying to dumb down their pay...

haha said:
My team benefitted from this amazing call. It was funny to watch Pete Carroll interviewed after the game, trying to act like his team had won. And Golden Tate, who was ruled as the receiver was trying so hard not to admit that no way had he caught the football. Even your 80 year old grandmother watching while she was ironing realized that was an interception.

These sandlot refs have to go.

Ha

I loved watching Pete Carroll in the end zone assisting the official with his own touchdown signal standing right beside him. Somehow I don't think all the extra curricular activities would have occurred with the true officials. But being a lifelong gambler, my wallet has a longer memory than most people do, and it knows full well that the regular zebras have cost people money before, too.

I was watching the Rams/Bears game and there was a play that looked like two fumbles on the same play. So the refs go "That play is being reviewed" and take about 10 minutes. Yet, they never made an original ruling on the field, so everyone (fans, players, coaches, TV/radio audience) was left in limbo on what happened in the first place.

I was watching the Rams/Bears game and there was a play that looked like two fumbles on the same play. So the refs go "That play is being reviewed" and take about 10 minutes. Yet, they never made an original ruling on the field, so everyone (fans, players, coaches, TV/radio audience) was left in limbo on what happened in the first place.

(fans, players, coaches, TV/radio audience, refs)

Back
Top Bottom