The 51'st state?

I'm with Cool Dood. I've been on record here for amalgamation.

My father worked for a US railway running through St. Thomas and my mother(86) still receives SS.

Mrs. Zipper and I travel freely to the US. We have passports but have never had to present them.

You are really going to f*ck up the northern border if only 20% of Americans and 35% of Canadians have passports.

Max, are you usually drunk when you post?

I can't think of a more likely explanation...

:LOL:

I said the same thing once. It certainly does look plausible, doesnt it?

If thats the case, he's on the sauce all the time. I've seen posts from all hours of the day that practically need a cereal box secret decoder ring to figure out.

Cool dood, open up your mouth in a Calgary Pub and start extoling the virtues of joining the Yanks, you would last about 30 seconds.

CFB so you don't like Michael Moore, am I surprised, you probably are a paid up member of the Charlton Heston "My Gun is bigger than your gun Fan Club."

Drinking is limited to a glass of Margeaux or Shiraz with supper although these days I am more committed to collecting than to consuming.

Wines are now purchased for a minimum 10 year hold, there are some great values out there that just need a little time.

Max/Howard/:confused: prepares for his one drink. His "Supper" is in the background.

DSCF0013.sized.jpg

Was this photo taken at Glenora winery on Seneca Lake, NY..........??

I dunno, seems to be.

I just typed in "big wine doofus poster" into google image search and thats what came up.

If given a chance, I suspect that the western Canadian provinces would jump. It would work out better for both them and the US. That would leave a bit of a budget problem for the remaining provinces.

There's no way Quebec would want to join the US which is fine by me.

I would be fine with Minnesota joining Canada. It certainly would be a loss for the US as we pay in more to the federal government than we take out.

I still am irritated at the passport thing. This will cut the traffic on our borders and hurt Manitoba, Ontario and Minnesota.

How 'bout we both send our armies to the other country, let them stay there, see which army gets bored first.

I think the title of this thread is totally misleading, it should read

12'th Province. :confused: :confused:

CFB, those Terrorists who inflicted harm on the U..S were all US Residents, all with correct papers.

The passenger who rallied the others to crash the plane in Pennsylvania, the one who yelled "Let's Go", he was Canadian.

I ran into Americans on my recent visit who want to curb Immigration, well they really don't want to curb Immigration, just certain Immigration

First question people ask me, "What part of Boston are you from?", something about my accent.

A Federal Civil Servant has been severely censured for writing a book about the US Invasion of Canada to gain accesss to our water.

In 1967 I took a course in Chinese Politics given by this radical Yank who had fled Berkely, he told us all, way back then, one day you guys just may see U.S Marines in Ottawa,Americans don't ask , they just take.

I have never forgot that.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Wow, thats such a pile of on-topic information for this thread Max.
Maybe every board in the world is required to have its version of JG.

Notice that before America carries out a military invasion it tries an even more insidious tactic-- invading with American culture. A few McDs, an MTV channel, perhaps a Wal-Mart or two... resistance is futile!

Eh, I liked JG when he wasnt calling me every name in the book because I have a higher IQ than he does, and when he wasnt responding to his own posts 7 times in a row to boost the all-important post count.

This one, I honestly have no idea what his bag is. Although sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and a butthead is just a butthead...

Maximillion said:
I think the title of this thread is totally misleading, it should read

12'th Province. :confused: :confused:

CFB, those Terrorists who inflicted harm on the U..S were all US Residents, all with correct papers.

Not true but they all had legal paperwork at one time

The passenger who rallied the others to crash the plane in Pennsylvania, the one who yelled "Let's Go", he was Canadian.

I don't know if this is true but it is obvious that Canada doesn't really care if their citizens are murdered by terrorists. There were enough of them in the WTC for a decent body count.

I ran into Americans on my recent visit who want to curb Immigration, well they really don't want to curb Immigration, just certain Immigration

What part of the word "illegal" don't you understand?

First question people ask me, "What part of Boston are you from?", something about my accent.

That was meant as an insult.

A Federal Civil Servant has been severely censured for writing a book about the US Invasion of Canada to gain accesss to our water.

It must have been a Canadian federal employee. We have all of the plans to conquer Canada in the Pentagon.

In 1967 I took a course in Chinese Politics given by this radical Yank who had fled Berkely, he told us all, way back then, one day you guys just may see U.S Marines in Ottawa,Americans don't ask , they just take.

Ah, yes. It brings back my college years. The one question I never got answered by the "hate Amerika" types was "If we are trying to conquer the world, why have we never kept any of it that we've conquered?" In many ways it might have been easier. No Cuban Missile Crisis. No WWII. No fear of nukes in Iran. No illegal immigration from Mexico. More polite waiters in Paris.

I have never forgot that.

FWIW -- Canada is probably the only country the US has invaded that it hasn't conquered. That was back in the British Empire days so the Canada part was just a sideshow during the American Revolution and War of 1812.

Oh for gods sake, dont feed the troll.

But in "we dont get french benefits" tradition:

Todd Beamer was born and raised in New Jersey. Mark Bingham was from California. Tom Burnett was from Minnesota. Andy Garcia was from California. Jeremy Glick was from New Jersey. In fact, none of the passengers identified as being involved with trying to take back flight 93 was a Canadian.

None of the hijackers were american citizens or had valid paperwork allowing them into the country. Many of them did enter the US via Canada, however.

The people who asked you "what part of boston are you from" just thought you were driving like an *******.

By the way, the people you used to work with that bet money that you wore a wig and paid one guy to yank on your hair to see? They didnt do that because they thought you had great looking hair. They did that because they thought you were a pompous butthead that they didnt respect, and because your hair looked fake.

And no, Fed-Ex isnt too expensive either.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
None of the hijackers were american citizens or had valid paperwork allowing them into the country.  Many of them did enter the US via Canada, however.

I definitely don't even want to be associated with you know who, but this statement is a gross misperception. Very few troublemakers have ever entered into the USA via Canada. Most came on student or work visas directly from overseas. The US system simply fails to keep track of where holders of visas are.

My recollection (and i'm not going to take the time to look it up as we're about 17 levels away from "who cares") is that some of the hijackers drove up to maine the day before the attacks to pick up several others who had re-entered the country through a canadian border crossing. Not that it matters, it was US customs and immigration who let them in.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Oh for gods sake, dont feed the troll.

You're right. Sorry.

We don't get french benefits?

Martha said:
I still am irritated at the passport thing.  This will cut the traffic on our borders and hurt Manitoba, Ontario and Minnesota. 

Sheeesh.........  Martha, you gotta get past this.  It seems to be annoying you way out of proportion.  Is there something we don't know?  Something you haven't shared regarding you and your personal relationship with your passport?  ;)

For commercial traffic, having truck drivers, etc., carry passports just isn't going to stop trade.  Having a passport is easy and there is nothing to prevent businesses from coughing up a few bucks to get it done. It's going to be less problamatic than requiring commercial drivers licenses.

For tourism, well yeah, a bunch of folks who might otherwise have never obtained identification beyond their birth certificate and maybe a DL, will now wind up going through the passport process.  Maybe a few won't and there will be a small drop in tourism.  It sure isn't going to stop me.  I'll be chasing walleyes around Gull Rock Lake (near Red Lake) in June and looking forward to it.  The Canadian resort owner where I'll be staying will continue to spend his winters at his condo in Florida.

Can you imagine what it has to be like for for border authorities today regarding all the various forms of identification being shoved in their face?  A DL from Mississippi.  A learner's permit from ND. A faded, torn birth certificate from PEI.

I agree it would be nice to exempt Canada from the process.  But in today's world, it's tough to be non-inclusive.

So........  grab that passport and practice whipping it out to present to the official at the border!  You'll have it down pat in no time and will continue to enjoy freely granted access as in the past.  

AltaRed said:
The US system simply fails to keep track of where holders of visas are.

Yep.  It's not an easy thing to do.  I'm not an isolationalist by any means, but perhaps the process for obtaining a visa needs to be reviewed? 

Back
Top Bottom