The Ah Ha moment! Just happened.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes my ER and my move to NC from NJ near my wifes sister and mom seems to be working just like I planned. A great saturday ran 10 miles while the wife went with her sister doing lunch and shopping, me showered, went to the bakery downtown, great bread place ,then to the local fish market to get supplies for dinner. Made a banging red spicey sauce for a shrimp parmesian. Listening to fantastic straight ahead jazz and blues music while working on that bottle of shiraz that I had to open because we needed it for the sauce.

It does not get any better than this.O0

Yup, double wide trailer, credit card debit, NASCAR nights and you're home ! Welcome to the south dude, better start growing that mullet if you really want to fit in.

Yup, double wide trailer, credit card debit, NASCAR nights and you're home ! Welcome to the south dude, better start growing that mullet if you really want to fit in.

Funny, no debt, hate Nascar, no hair anymore so its a bald shaved head great beard close though, house is well something that I never could afford up north!!

I have no intentions of fitting in, my mottois from awoody allen movie. Keep up with the joneses?? Heck no I want to bring them down to my level!

Yes my ER and my move to NC from NJ near my wifes sister and mom seems to be working just like I planned. A great saturday ran 10 miles while the wife went with her sister doing lunch and shopping, me showered, went to the bakery downtown, great bread place ,then to the local fish market to get supplies for dinner. Made a banging red spicey sauce for a shrimp parmesian. Listening to fantastic straight ahead jazz and blues music while working on that bottle of shiraz that I had to open because we needed it for the sauce.

It does not get any better than this.O0
Newguy
Congratulations! I guess this is the post Ive been waiting for from you.

Congratulations! FIRE is sweet indeed. You will soon learn to stay off the roads at rush hours and out of the malls and grocery store on the weekends.

NC is a nice place to live and has attracted a lot of folks who have retired there. I lived there for a few years but don't think I would want to retire there after being out West all these years. I enjoy the low humidity and general lack of insects out here. I do miss the green though. We are planing on moving 300 miles South which is red rock country. Not much green there but it has very mild winters.

NASCAR and golf are two things native to NC that may eventually get into your blood. They are almost required activities if you live in that part of the world. We lived close to several of the tracks so we went to several of the races with friends. Have not been to one since we moved out of the state...and don't miss it either. Golf I do miss but my back says No.

What part of the state are you in?

Congratulations! FIRE is sweet indeed. You will soon learn to stay off the roads at rush hours and out of the malls and grocery store on the weekends.

NC is a nice place to live and has attracted a lot of folks who have retired there. I lived there for a few years but don't think I would want to retire there after being out West all these years. I enjoy the low humidity and general lack of insects out here. I do miss the green though. We are planing on moving 300 miles South which is red rock country. Not much green there but it has very mild winters.

NASCAR and golf are two things native to NC that may eventually get into your blood. They are almost required activities if you live in that part of the world. We lived close to several of the tracks so we went to several of the races with friends. Have not been to one since we moved out of the state...and don't miss it either. Golf I do miss but my back says No.

What part of the state are you in?

Just south of Raleigh, I even now teach part time 3 days a week at three different elementary schools teaching physical education to 1st and 2nd graders . Still coaching a varsity track team in the afternoons this spring.

Nascar will never get in my blood, please now no disrespect!! I was a drag race fan and actually drove a funny car at times at The old Raceway Park in Englistown NJ way back. Golf. yea I have a beautiful new set of clubs, got them for my retirement from a great friend. Too bad they are still in the attic, I would rather run/Jog for 2 hours!! I know all the quick ways around any traffic. Man it really is great to be so much more relaxed and having fun. Bills are so much lower here, no mortgage is a great thing. Yes but I do post some crazy political and economic things here on the forum. Have ya seen the Newguy news network posts:confused::rant: It really is all good.

NC was my original "want to go there" choice, but DW didn't want to go that far from family she's close to. SIL has a doublewide 2nd home a couple of blocks from the beach at Murrell's Inlet in SC. Now they're looking at WV as a place to go to.

Maybe I can talk them into a swap. They can keep the snow thrower.

Yeah, and the great thing is those a-ha moments keep on coming. Now you have me thinking about walking over to Eastern Market and picking up something good for dinner. I already have the wine :)

Back
Top Bottom