Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Which team do you want to win $1m on Sunday, May 6, and why?
Dustin & Kandice 6 40.00%
Charla & Mirna 8 53.33%
Eric & Danielle 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Re: The Amazing Race: which team are you rooting for?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #21

Well, Mrs. BSSC was happy but I wasn't. She said she was rooting for the underdog.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yes... I was disappointed in the results....

And to think... the 'race' was designed to be equal this time.... there was hardly any way anybody could be that far behind... what a weak ending to the show... a combo lock and if you can not get it only wait ten minutes!!! Give me a break...

I would LOVE to do it... a friend and I even sent in a tape to try and get on maybe 4 years ago... and the rules state you can only send in ONE tape for life with the same person... I can't get anybody else interested...

Old 05-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I was hoping that the spoiler I read before they played the first episode was incorrect, but unfortunately not. I just didn't feel they were deserving. If it was for all the equalizers that were put into this race they would have had no hope. At one time they were 16 hours behind.

However I do hope that Danielle uses some of her share of the money to get those false boobs deflated as her tops were so tight she was almost resting her chin on those babies.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #24

yeah, i think the ending sucked too! the last challenge was so fake - in terms of the 10 minutes...boooo! definitely anti-climactic and felt rigged...

i liked last year's better w/ the country flags - that was great! i love it when they end w/ a mental challenge...they should have made them spell five of the countries they visited...or how to say hello in some of them...not that hard...but it would have been funny to watch.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Thinking about it a bit more.... she was the only one who actually GOT the combo number correct.. the other two got the time and out.. but I still think it was a bad ending... there should be all the challenges at the same location so it does not all come down to the ONE last thing.... this one seemed to be who got the best taxi driver...

I did like the flag ending... it was one of the better ones...
Old 05-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #26

hey TP we would be the most unexpected team! whaddya say?! 8)

i can't drive a stick, but i'm good w/ directions and airports. not a good swimmer or runner, but could do some serious conditioning before them, climb a few rock walls etc. and good w/ foreign languages?

perhaps we would balance each other out?

then we could ask the board what to do w/ the $$ when we win!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed
hey TP we would be the most unexpected team! whaddya say?! 8)

i can't drive a stick, but i'm good w/ directions and airports. not a good swimmer or runner, but could do some serious conditioning before them, climb a few rock walls etc. and good w/ foreign languages?

perhaps we would balance each other out?

then we could ask the board what to do w/ the $$ when we win!
Hey, I would LOVE to do it... I would be the 'old guy'... but I swear that if I got picked you would see me lose 20 lbs quickly!!! I USED to be a good runner.. but that was high school... surprisingly, I was a skinny geek, but very good at sports... and I also used to be able to eat a lot.. but some of what they have to eat is crazy!!!

I can drive a stick... I own one!!! I am great with directions and airports also..

So... get the form and lets get it in!!! If we won... it would put me over the hump and I would be RE!!!

BTW, you need to send in a VIDEO!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #28

can we wear matching shirts too? 8) we can put the forum url on our chests... or headbands!

$1 mill split in half for taxes then split again...plus a free round the world trip!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

I'm abroad and missed the last episode. Am I to understand that Eric & Danielle won? Bummer!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #30

Yep, it was Danielle and Eric, followed by the BQ's and Charla and Mirna third.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I wish they would start mixing up the final leg a bit. It seems that everything always comes down to getting a good taxi driver.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I wish they would start mixing up the final leg a bit. It seems that everything always comes down to getting a good taxi driver.
I thought I had put down about the lame final show and said it was the taxi driver... but, I don't see it... SO... I agree that it is pretty lame...

BUT, we actually don't know if it was as close as they make it out to be... it seemed like they left a few minutes before the BQ and arrived a few minutes before the BQs... but that is not good TV...

And, I think they want it to be close so they CAN make it more dramatic... but still... LAME..
Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse

TPTB don't want the pumped up racers driving. I think that the best endings have been where they had to do a puzzle just before the finish line.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #33

What I found so lame about it was with the roadblock in Hawaii it was designed so they would all be on the same flight out of there. Then it was the one rather weak task at the Oakland mint and a taxi drive to the finish line. I agree with the comment about a puzzle making it more taxing. I remember the series where they were in Seattle?? and they had to put the animals in order on the totem pole of them appearing in the series or even when the hippies won with the flags. It was if this was set up for Danielle and Eric to win as it was all featured on who had spent the most time talking about the other teams.

Remember the good old days when teams were able to scheme to get better flights and put one over the others. Too many times this season the team who had shown the smarts to find a better flight would be stopped by an opening time to allow the laggards to catch up so any advantage the stronger teams had was soon lost.