The Americans..tv show

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
See that season 3 starts tonight... haven't seen this show at all.. is it worth the time to binge watch seasons 1&2 on Amazon to catch up?

I think so. It is one of our favorites.

Really good show. Season 1 was awesome. Season 2 continued to be good. Looking forward to the new season.

If you watch it, you will never quite look at your next door neighbor with the same trust.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I still have it programmed from last year to record but will check again. I remember the USSR form my days in the 50s and 60's and 70s and those guys were great enemies to have.

It's one of four series that we watch religiously (along with Good Wife, Orphan Black, and Tyrant). Absolutely excellent television.

It's one of four series that we watch religiously (along with Good Wife, Orphan Black, and Tyrant). Absolutely excellent television.

Highly recommend Orphan Black to anyone who has not watched it. Tatiana is amazing in all of her roles. It has to be very difficult acting.

The Americans Season 1 and Season 2 is offered on Amazon Instant Video. It is even available included in Amazon Prime Instant Video.

The Americans Season 1 and Season 2 is offered on Amazon Instant Video. It is even available included in Amazon Prime Instant Video.
:dance:
Good point. I think most stick with the free prime streaming.

Another interesting feature of amazon prime is that you can share the account with household members. Then each can login and stream content. It also applies to the shipping discount.

I tried to stream the pilot from season 1 via Amazon Prime but all it did was buffer every 2 minutes... rebooted the wifi,did a speed test (50mbps) but it was unwatchable...rrrrgh!

It is available on disk via Netflix.
We only have streaming. At this time I think amazon prime and netflix streaming is keeping everyone in the house happy.

Funny story: kid was watching some Comcr*p streaming thing, and it kept skipping and stuttering. Spouse hears her complaining and says, "What did you expect?"

I love it. It's up there with other shows we binge watched. If you've seen homeland you'll probably like this one. It gets more interesting at a faster pace than Homeland though.

I tried to stream the pilot from season 1 via Amazon Prime but all it did was buffer every 2 minutes... rebooted the wifi,did a speed test (50mbps) but it was unwatchable...rrrrgh!
I see some problems here and there, but a reboot of tablet usually fixes things.

On the PCs we use for that purpose, I've turned off processes and so on, to help free up memory and so on. Also, our router has a video streaming mode that use 5G, and I think that helps for our main pc notebook that is in the living room.

We didn't find out about the Americans until almost the end of season 1, so binge watched until we got caught up. It is addictive. Great acting and riveting story line. I heard Kerry Russell on an NPR interview talk about all of her wigs. Very funny!

We didn't find out about the Americans until almost the end of season 1, so binge watched until we got caught up. It is addictive. Great acting and riveting story line. I heard Kerry Russell on an NPR interview talk about all of her wigs. Very funny!

Can't lie. I totally dig all her looks in those wigs. It's a great plot all the way. But having Keri Russell is like cherry on the top.

Didn't fix the wifi streaming issue, but I was able to play the pilot on my iPad and use Airplay to push it to Apple TV and watch on HDTV.

Loved the pilot, great show...got a lot of catching up to do.:dance:

I haven't watched it yet, but Amazon's alternate history pilot about the world we would live in had Germany won WWII looks interesting. I think I read Dick's book a long while back. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? turned into a decent flick.

See that season 3 starts tonight... haven't seen this show at all.. is it worth the time to binge watch seasons 1&2 on Amazon to catch up?

Yes, it is worth it to binge watch seasons 1 & 2.

Netflix has seasons 1 and 2 (I think) on DVD's. The Americans and Homeland are my 2 favorites.

Well, I started the "binge" last night...two episodes down before going to sleep. I will resume the binge this afternoon when the DW goes off to do whatever she's going to do. It really seems like a good show.

On a not-so-related note, I saw that someone mentioned about "sharing" Amazon Prime Streaming. This is *not* an option...you can only share the shipping. This isn't to say you can't share account names/passwords, but it's NOT the same as the shipping benefit.

Back
Top Bottom