Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Who's your least favorite presidential candidate?
Hillary Clinton 41 34.75%
John Edwards 12 10.17%
Barack Obama 3 2.54%
Bill Richardson 0 0%
Rudy Giuliani 15 12.71%
Mike Huckabee 18 15.25%
John McKain 4 3.39%
Ron Paul 5 4.24%
Mitt Romney 11 9.32%
Fred Thompson 9 7.63%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anyone else think Ron Paul is a fairly squirrelly guy? In alot of ways he reminds me of Perot in his mannerisms.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Anyone else think Ron Paul is a fairly squirrelly guy? In alot of ways he reminds me of Perot in his mannerisms.
Too bad Paul did not run in 2000 and win. He might be a lot like Perot but at least he is not Old George W.

Paul might not be the best candiate but at least if he was the President one might say that maybe the U.S would not be blogged down in the Iraq War & maybe the U.S would not have borrowed billions of $$$$ to fund the Iraq War from China, Japan and others.

GOD BLESS
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
His voice and appearance always remind me of John Mahoney, the actor who played Martin Crane, Frasier Crane's father:

"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Too bad Paul did not run in 2000 and win. He might be a lot like Perot but at least he is not Old George W.

Paul might not be the best candiate but at least if he was the President one might say that maybe the U.S would not be blogged down in the Iraq War & maybe the U.S would not have borrowed billions of $$$$ to fund the Iraq War from China, Japan and others.

GOD BLESS
You are right! They need to settle it on American Gladiators. Why didnt I think of that!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Yes. His team believes 9/11 "was an inside job". He seems to be into conspiracy theories on things. But he pulls in the fundraising dough. Lots of his fans must not be aware of some of his squirrellier beliefs. Or there are lots of fruitcakes out there.

Not to mention some of the things printed in the newsletter bearing his name in the 90's, and of which content he says "he bears responsibility for".
Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
Administrator

Old 01-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
Or there are lots of fruitcakes out there.
Ding ding ding

CFB: check's in the mail...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

I'd probably be in the running for most non-liberal person on this board, and I feel exactly the same!

Yep, it's that 'obviousness' that is creepy. Sure, they all are contrived, as you say - but she's not even good at it! Just bugs the heck out of me.

She just gives me this feeling that if you said - 'my favorite color is chartreuse', she would say 'me too!' if she thought it would get your vote.

It's funny/sad that we are having this kind of discussion about the potential future leaders of the USA....

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

My nightmare race is Hillary vs Romney, I will seriously get drunk and cry for a day. My dream race is Obama vs McCain. I am gratified to see that those have two of the lowest negative ratings on the board.

clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #50

Hillary with Obama as VP wins it all.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #51

Quote:

Will NEVER happen. Not in this universe, and not in any parallel universes.

Hillary might take Evan Bayh for VP, never Obama.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #52

An Obama/Edwards ticket would be great.. not a fan of HRC but I think much of the crap she gets is undeserved. Someone challenged someone else here to delineate exactly what they disagreed with her over.. and no response was forthcoming. She has a harder row to hoe than the others; her only 'advantage' (close hand experience of WH workings) is in many respects a 'disadvantage'.

I continue to be surprised that she is the most disliked..she just doesn't seem that bad, but the MSM has it in for her: when she wore skirts, she had "chunky legs".. now she wears pantsuits and they hate that.. she can never get her hair right, THAT's always a concern.. then there's her blouse, which if it shows any cleavage is scandal #1 on the front page.. if she laughs, she "cackles", if she's serious, she's "hard" and if she tears up, it's a "meltdown".

I think the Beltway Boys are just not grown up enough for a lady president. They'd pull her pigtails if she had them.. and dip them in the inkwell. They'd love to drop a worm down the back of her shirt, or let loose a mouse in hopes that she'll jump on a table. Maybe in the next generation there'll be a chance.
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #53

Quote:
Reminds me of Chris Rock on SNL when talking about the possibility of Bush picking Colin Powell as his VP in 2000.

"Now as you know, there's been alot of talk about a black vice president. And I just wanna tell the world that it'll never happen. As long as you live you will never see a black vice president, you know why? Because some black guy would just kill the president. I'd do it. If Colin Powell was vice president, I'd kill the president and tell his mother about it. What would happen to me? What would they do? Put me in jail with a bunch of black guys that would treat me like a king for the rest of my life? I would be the biggest star in jail, alright, people would be coming up to me and I'd be signing autographs: "97-KY, here you go." Guys would be going: "You're the brother that shot Bush. And you told his mother about it huh? I hope my children turn out to be just like you, Man, you know I was getting ready to rape you until I realized who you were. And even if they had a death penalty, what would happen? I'd just be pardoned by the black president."

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Skype™ to imnxpat
I dislike John McCain even more than Dubya, which is really saying something. The reason is the former's remark that only a Christian is fit to be president of the United States.
imnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #55

Hey.. "Freedom Requires Religion"!! (the Mittster)
Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #56

So am I accurately summarizing the answer to my question about why many people dislike Hillary so much is that "she seems insincere?"
That makes sense to me - I don't know of any specific actions she's taken that would arouse such enmity. Neither Gore nor Kerry would pass a Hollywood screen test, and the same thing may be bringing down Clinton.
Thanks.
toofrugalformycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofrugalformycat View Post
So am I accurately summarizing the answer to my question about why many people dislike Hillary so much is that "she seems insincere?"
That makes sense to me - I don't know of any specific actions she's taken that would arouse such enmity. Neither Gore nor Kerry would pass a Hollywood screen test, and the same thing may be bringing down Clinton.
Thanks.
Her old man humiliated her by getting oral sex while in office ( and got caught ). Obviously if she didnt have the backbone to kick his ass out why would I vote for her as a president? No backbone.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #58

mmm.. but she didn't play the victim card one bit. You have to admire THAT backbone.

What would the media be saying about Hillary if she'd divorced Bill? That she's a "wronged woman"? That she didn't try to hold the marriage together for the good of Chelsea? That she ran at the first sign of trouble?? She's had a big target painted on her forehead from Day One, and she always will no matter what she does.

You get the sense that the Clintons really like each other! Don't get that vibe from Bush I and II.

I think it's hard to get to know her because her consultants and handlers are so paranoid about possible mis-steps that she can't be herself. The media won't let you know who she is.. they seem worried about what her laugh sounds like. I don't think she's any more insincere than the next politician... just that people have decided "they don't like her".. much of the reason being "so many people don't like her'... but I think that may be starting to backfire, and she may be starting to get some sympathy due to all the "bashing".
Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #59

Ladelfina,
"You get the sense that the Clintons really like each other! Don't get that vibe from Bush I and II."

What color are your glasses!
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #60
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
Ladelfina,
"You get the sense that the Clintons really like each other! Don't get that vibe from Bush I and II."

What color are your glasses!
I think it is all in the eye of the beholder. Many people (maybe even ~ 50% of voters?) would think just the opposite.

I also think Ladelfina's view of the media reports on Hillary are influenced by her allegiances. I'm not saying the media hasn't said all those things, but I never pay much attention to that kind of stupid reporting anyhow. I suspect that people on the 'other side' could point out just as much stupid stuff reported about the other candidates. Just depends which comments one is sensitive to.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote