The best of luck...and the worst...

Interesting. Looks like the guy might be nuts. Wonder what the judge will do?

unarmed bank robbery, a minor violation of his probation and instead of taking a lump sum payment he's got $50k/year coming in for the next 20 years. nothing nuts about that. maybe he'll deposit some with that bank.

i can't even believe the associated press writer would speculate as to whether or not he deserves to keep his winnings. suppose he violated his probation by drinking, you gonna pump his stomach to get it back?

at worst he should get another 3 days in jail for violating his probation during which time he can think of what he wants to buy with all that money.

Last edited:
"As part of his sentence, Elliott was put under the care of the state Mental Health Department and sent to a hospital for treatment, and state officials refused Wednesday to say whether he was still being treated"

Now he'll be able to pay for his treatment.

maybe he just robbed the bank to pay off some gambling debts. so now, as you say, he can pay off the treatment, and his bookie.

this was just on the news this morning. must be a slow news day. according to the tv report the decision will be made by the lottery commission, not by a judge as reported by the a.p.

as far as i can tell from what's been reported, as long as he didn't steal the ticket, the money's his.

My guess is that they will fine him.....now that they know he can pay :>(

Back
Top Bottom