The Big Game

As a side note, if anyone follows the super bowl indicator, it's a win-win. The ravens were the browns which was an original pre-merger nfl team. So both teams are part of the original NFL , the AFL is not in it this year.

Good game. I was surprised that the Ravens jumped all over them in the first half.

I'm sure the non-call of the Raven's defensive holding on SF's last offensive play will be talked about for a while. It looked to me like the receiver might have had a good chance at the catch had he not been held.

I wonder if CBS was behind the power outage delay so they could air more commercials?

I was for the 49ers, but nevertheless, what looked like a blow out ending up a thriller.

I can't believe the 49ers didn't use their final time out. I think they should have set up a possible QB sneak but looks like their mind was made up to pass.

Flacco is the real deal and that Boldain (spelling) sure can catch in the clutch.

Great Game given evidence that I stayed up to watch entire game. I was greatly neutral in this game, but would have perfered SF to win. Not a Ray Shoot Em Up Lewis fan. Great officiating as well, save that last end zone call, which was shielded from ref's.

Great to see new players, coaches in the game.

Good game. I was surprised that the Ravens jumped all over them in the first half.

I'm sure the non-call of the Raven's defensive holding on SF's last offensive play will be talked about for a while. It looked to me like the receiver might have had a good chance at the catch had he not been held.

I wonder if CBS was behind the power outage delay so they could air more commercials?

I think it was a good no call...

I was surprised that there was no call for holding on the safety... but the result would have been the same...

As for the 'more commercials'.... they played the same ones over again... it seems they did not account for an extra 30 minutes...

Great game ! We went to a VFW to watch the game and enjoy the food and fans.
I wore my JETS Tshirt just for fun. :LOL:
We were home by the end of the 3rd quarter.

As far as the power outtage goes, perhaps the half-time show strained the power system at the SuperDome. :facepalm:

If the $100 per square football board we bought into has a "reverse" final score prize, Mr B and I will be getting a small windfall very soon. :dance:

...If the $100 per square football board we bought into has a "reverse" final score prize, Mr B and I will be getting a small windfall very soon. :dance:

DW an I more than doubled our money on our football board. Unfortunately, the amounts were small.

I was mildly pulling for SF & Kaepernick, and they came SO close.

But the Ravens played very well and SF had some costly turnovers, and still almost pulled off an upset. The SF defense was pretty awful in the first half (flimsy secondary coverage & not enough pressure on Flacco), though they did better in the second. I don't like the Ravens in general, but Flacco has improved immensely and the Ravens defense really stepped to the plate on the last two plays, great pressure & coverage.

As for the interference call, the guys on ESPN this morning said the refs 'let the players play' in the Super Bowl and all the players and coaches know it. The refs don't want to overdo it with penalties and risk becoming a factor in the outcome - that makes sense to me. There were other pass interference calls missed IMO based on slow motion replays, so the ESPN guys were probably on the mark (they know more than we do). And though it's not supposed to be a factor, that last throw was clearly uncatchable (in bounds).
Anyway I'm glad we won't have to hear from Ray Lewis again...not a fan. NYT said it best: Lewis is victim and hypocrite, community pillar and obstructer of justice, a God-fearing man who fathered six children with four women. [public image notwithstanding]
YMMV

Note: The only good ad IMO was the Clydesdale pony, loved that one. That goDaddy ad was a funny enough concept with a nauseating execution (you know which once).

Last edited:
Great game ! We went to a VFW to watch the game and enjoy the food and fans.
I wore my JETS Tshirt just for fun. :LOL:
We were home by the end of the 3rd quarter.

As far as the power outtage goes, perhaps the half-time show strained the power system at the SuperDome. :facepalm:

If the $100 per square football board we bought into has a "reverse" final score prize, Mr B and I will be getting a small windfall very soon. :dance:

Hope you get the possible windfall :)

As for the power outtage, perhaps someone used a penny in the fuse box like the old days :LOL:

Hope you get the possible windfall :)

As for the power outtage, perhaps someone used a penny in the fuse box like the old days :LOL:

Maybe they used a newer penny (1983 or newer). They are 97.5% zinc. Back in the day, the older penny was made of 95% copper. Maybe the new pennies don't work as well :LOL:

Maybe they used a newer penny (1983 or newer). They are 97.5% zinc. Back in the day, the older penny was made of 95% copper. Maybe the new pennies don't work as well :LOL:

If so, this like the "Junior Mints" episode of Seinfeld. :D

I generally agree with all you wrote except that the last pass was uncatchable. If you look at the replay it was only 18" or so beyond the receiver and the receiver was held up by more than that IMO.

The GoDaddy commercial was funny but I squeamed a bit. Lucky guy tho! :D

I was mildly pulling for SF & Kaepernick, and they came SO close.

But the Ravens played very well and SF had some costly turnovers, and still almost pulled off an upset. The SF defense was pretty awful in the first half (flimsy secondary coverage & not enough pressure on Flacco), though they did better in the second. I don't like the Ravens in general, but Flacco has improved immensely and the Ravens defense really stepped to the plate on the last two plays, great pressure & coverage.

As for the interference call, the guys on ESPN this morning said the refs 'let the players play' in the Super Bowl and all the players and coaches know it. The refs don't want to overdo it with penalties and risk becoming a factor in the outcome - that makes sense to me. There were other pass interference calls missed IMO based on slow motion replays, so the ESPN guys were probably on the mark (they know more than we do). And though it's not supposed to be a factor, that last throw was clearly uncatchable (in bounds).
Anyway I'm glad we won't have to hear from Ray Lewis again...not a fan. NYT said it best: Lewis is victim and hypocrite, community pillar and obstructer of justice, a God-fearing man who fathered six children with four women. [public image notwithstanding]
YMMV

Note: The only good ad IMO was the Clydesdale pony, loved that one. That goDaddy ad was a funny enough concept with a nauseating execution (you know which once).

I was ready to give up on the game entirely before the power went out. I tweeting during the game. "best change for the niners is if they call the game on account of darkness." Happily I was dead wrong and the second half was a nail bitter.

The ads were below average this year.
My favorite with Dodge Ram Farmer, Paul Harvey voice is just perfect for reading that,and the photography was stunning.
I also like the seniors at Taco Bell which was very funny.
The Clydesdale ads are always touching but I've seen enough over the years, that I've grown jade.

The one thing you can say about the godaddy ads is they are always memorable. One of the irony is my sister uses GoDaddy for hosting, but since she doesn't own a TV, and probably watches less than an 1 hour a year of TV, she has never seen the ads. If she ever does I sure she will stop doing business with GoDaddy.

I generally agree with all you wrote except that the last pass was uncatchable. If you look at the replay it was only 18" or so beyond the receiver and the receiver was held up by more than that IMO.

The GoDaddy commercial was funny but I squeamed a bit. Lucky guy tho! :D

There were plenty of non-calls (on both sides) throughout the game. The 4th down play I think could have went either way or uncalled.

The non-call on both rushers during the safety was blatantly missed.

That said, I think most of the blame for the niners losing goes to the bad choice of plays on those four downs.

My favorite commercials were the Audi one where the guy gets the black eye and the Doritos goat one.

Last edited:
I looked at the replay closely last night and it clearly looked too long to catch in bounds, and I also said 'catchable should not govern the call.' So it doesn't change the refs 'let the players play' in the Super Bowl, if it's understood by all and the whole game was called that way as ESPN (Mike & Mike w Herm Edwards this AM) claimed,

but I just looked online for evidence and it looks like you were probably right...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom