Join Early Retirement Today

The CAVS are makin' moves again...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The CAVS are makin' moves again...

I like this trade as much if not MORE than the last one. We gave up 2 players (Damon Jones aka a stiff, and Joe Smith-solid bench player) in a 3-team trade to acquire Mo Williams of the Bucks, who plays 36 mins/ game, scores 17.3ppg @ 48%, 48% 3PT, 86% FT, 6 ASSISTS/GAME....I'm lovin it!

Cavs are getting there folks...one more 'big' and it's over!
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a sports fan, and have puzzled over "Cavs" in these threads for a while. I have no clue as to who they are or what sport they might play. Eventually it occurred to me that that might be short for "Cavaliers", possibly.

But for some reason, I never remember that. Every time I see "Cavs" referred to, I think of Cavys, a type of rodent. Just thought you might get a laugh out of that.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #3

I will be more specific in the future...the...ummm....Cleveland Ohio CAVALIERS of the NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION have traded.....

lol
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks...

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
Cavs are getting there folks...one more 'big' and it's over!
What happens when Lebron shuns the NBA and plays in Europe?
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
What happens when Lebron shuns the NBA and plays in Europe?
not gonna happen
Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

If you think Mo is going to help you get over the top, good luck!! He's a selfish player, and wants to jack up jump shots instead of running the point........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
If you think Mo is going to help you get over the top, good luck!! He's a selfish player, and wants to jack up jump shots instead of running the point........

any player shooting 48% from the field 2 yrs in a row is ok with me....if mike brown removes his egg-shaped head from his a$$, maybe they will have Mo actually run the point and make plays for Lebron....king james can make anyone play better

out of curiosity, do you think that we'd have been better off keeping joe smith and damon jones?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
any player shooting 48% from the field 2 yrs in a row is ok with me....if mike brown removes his egg-shaped head from his a$$, maybe they will have Mo actually run the point and make plays for Lebron....king james can make anyone play better

out of curiosity, do you think that we'd have been better off keeping joe smith and damon jones?
No.........Damon Jones isn't the player he was back with us in Milwaukee in 2000-2001...........

Mo LIKES to shoot, so he and King James will butt heads at some point. Maybe a fresh start will help him. Just so you know, he doesn't play a LICK of defense, so I hope King James can keep getting 40 a night, because the Cavs will be winning a lot of games 125-120.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
No.........Damon Jones isn't the player he was back with us in Milwaukee in 2000-2001...........

Mo LIKES to shoot, so he and King James will butt heads at some point. Maybe a fresh start will help him. Just so you know, he doesn't play a LICK of defense, so I hope King James can keep getting 40 a night, because the Cavs will be winning a lot of games 125-120.........
ive hear that about his D. i hope that the defensive minded coaching can help him....overall i think we are in a better position after the trade...

I hope he LIKES to shoot and CONTINUES to shoot 48%. Lebron will only make him better....lets see how it pans out! i've got 44 games to goto...(preseason)
Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Defense? In the NBA?

Next thing they'll be enforcing traveling violations...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I don't think this is a bad trade but it's not what they need to get them to the conference finals. It's a small upgrade if any. Chances are Mo will be pissed that he's not getting enough shots or he'll take the shots and piss off LeBron and the whole city of Cleveland. However, he's young and has a long contract at a reasonable salary. There is long-term potential. That is if LeBron doesn't jump ship in a couple years.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I hope he LIKES to shoot and CONTINUES to shoot 48%. Lebron will only make him better....lets see how it pans out! i've got 44 games to goto...(preseason)
That worked out so well for Shaq and Kobe, no reason it can't for Mo and LeBron
Old 04-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I don't think this is a bad trade but it's not what they need to get them to the conference finals. It's a small upgrade if any. Chances are Mo will be pissed that he's not getting enough shots or he'll take the shots and piss off LeBron and the whole city of Cleveland. However, he's young and has a long contract at a reasonable salary. There is long-term potential. That is if LeBron doesn't jump ship in a couple years.

Well, i think this ended up being a good trade, eh? #1 team in the NBA

playoffs start tomorrow.....GO CAVS!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Yeah, it seemed to work well. I'll be routing for them as usual. I have a bad feeling they're not going to win the championship but I want them to. Hopefully LeBron gets MVP.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #16

yeah, best of 7 vs detroit, boston, orlando AND LA could be tough....lol