Join Early Retirement Today

The CAVS are makin' moves!!! So excited
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The CAVS are makin' moves!!! So excited

We got rid of 2 of the most INconsistent players in the NBA, Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes. We also shipped off 2 nobodies Shannon Brown and Cedric Simmons, as well as another "WHO?" Ira Newble

In return,Big Ben Wallace(huge defensive presence) is coming to Cleveland along with Joe Smith (Drew Gooden with a brain),Wally Szerbiak (pure shooter,big guy), Adonte West (true serviceable point guard for LeBron) and a draft pick

I love it! In the next 2 years we will have enough salary cap room to go after any and every superstar available ...the true Pippen to our Jordan
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
We got rid of 2 of the most INconsistent players in the NBA, Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes. We also shipped off 2 nobodies Shannon Brown and Cedric Simmons, as well as another "WHO?" Ira Newble

In return,Big Ben Wallace(huge defensive presence) is coming to Cleveland along with Joe Smith (Drew Gooden with a brain),Wally Szerbiak (pure shooter,big guy), Adonte West (true serviceable point guard for LeBron) and a draft pick

I love it! In the next 2 years we will have enough salary cap room to go after any and every superstar available ...the true Pippen to our Jordan
I am a Knick Fan.. Oh my....
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #3

Wow thats a good trade for the CAVS.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I thought the NBA folded when MJ retired? I haven't watched a game since.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I am unconvinced to say the least. I think Wallace is very overrated and the most overpaid player in the league not playing in New York. I think he's a cap killer and can only hurt the Cavs. I feel sorry for Lebron. I hope i'm wrong.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I am unconvinced to say the least. I think Wallace is very overrated and the most overpaid player in the league not playing in New York. I think he's a cap killer and can only hurt the Cavs. I feel sorry for Lebron. I hope i'm wrong.
big ben is THE question mark here. he's unhappy in chicago,and playing on an offensive-minded team. when he was with the defense first Pisstons, and surrounded by talent,he was a monster. Lebron can make him better. Hopefully his attitude doesnt come along with the 'fro

OVERPAID is an UNDERstatement. But hey...we unloaded the UN-TRADABLE larry hughes who is GROSSLY overpaid.

Keep an eye on this situation 2 yrs from now. The cavs gave 6 and got 4. They got guys with contracts that will be done with enough time left until Lebron's is up....allowing them to go for the BIG trade or acquisition of his 'pippen'....this will give lebron some time to contemplate staying

BIG name coming to CLEVELAND within 731 days of this post
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #7

Hughes hasn't done much so no big loss. Gooden was alright. Only time will tell what was right.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

OVERPAID is an UNDERstatement. But hey...we unloaded the UN-TRADABLE larry hughes who is GROSSLY overpaid.
I don't know I think I might be willing to pay Larry his 12MM before i'd pay Wallace his 15MM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I don't envy Brown's job determining a starting line-up and minutes played for everyone. It'll be tough. Does anyone know who the starters will be. Do you start both Z and Wallace with Wallace at PF? I assume they want Wally at SG. Does that mean Lebron is SF.There's alot to think about. I guess it'll just be trial and error. Hopefully they'll have it all worked out by the start of the playoffs.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #10

Lebron IS a SF. Pg probably will be west, probably not daniel gibson. SG should be Sasha if healthy, then Wally Szerbiak (also a backup SF). Front will be Zydrunas at center, Anderson Varejao at Pf. Then you will have a DEEP bench of Joe Smith and Ben Wallace up front with whoever's left of gibson/west and devin brown taking the rest.,
Old 02-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #11

WOW. The energy at the Q was great tonight.

Although the Grizzlies flat out suck right now, the Cavs haven't played together at all and don't even have plays and defenses memorized. We got out to a 49-20 lead at 5 mins into the 2nd quarter.

Once this team gels, they will be a force. Big Ben playing like he did tonight 12 pts 10 rbs, Joe smith putting up 13 or so off the bench, Szczerbiak putting in 10-12 a night. Lebron with his usual 25-30, Z with his usual 16-25 and 10 rbs. Damon Jones for a few threes along with Daniel Gibson (rookie all-star game MVP). Varejao with some tough D and a few rebounds.... geez.....who am I forgetting? Sasha who can spread the floor and drain 3's....even drive to make his own play. West will average 8-10 assists per night if he continues to start and learns the offense
Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 AM   #12

Well the cavs actually played like a team yesterday. The intro for the Game 1 of the playoffs brought a tear to my eye...last year's journey was so great that I couldn't hold back the emotions

Then we won...so I was even happier.

GO CAVS
Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Well the cavs actually played like a team yesterday. The intro for the Game 1 of the playoffs brought a tear to my eye...last year's journey was so great that I couldn't hold back the emotions

Then we won...so I was even happier.

GO CAVS
That would be "Delonte West". Hope the Cavs make it past the Wizards. Love to see a Cavs-Celts series.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medit8 View Post
That would be "Delonte West". Hope the Cavs make it past the Wizards. Love to see a Cavs-Celts series.

well...here they are...beat the whizzards and now are battling boston in game 7 on Sunday. gotta love it
Old 05-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #15

Ya go Cavs. Guess I got a game to watch Sunday.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Should be fun. A bit inconvenient timewise for me out here in Asia, but wouldn't miss it. Boston has a history of pulling out Game 7 wins. Hope today is no different.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #17
gone traveling

Celtics won game 7.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

A veritable barnburner. Pierce and King James evoking memories of a bygone era. As a Celtics fan, obviously the desired outcome. However, once LeBron gets a proper supporting cast (or signs with the Knicks ), this will be a different story. Carlos Boozer sure would have come in handy in this series.