The high cost of convenience/ inclusion

I bought some stuff at Whole Foods the other day. Why? Am I blowing the dough? No. It was the nearest store I was passing by and I had only a limited time to make the purchase and get home.

I do my best to accommodate people who have special eating needs. And they usually do their best to not make it difficult for their hosts to make the accommodation. It seems to work.

Folks, you all need my new supplement "SinGluten". This supplement is specially made to help people who want to use an all natural supplement to help them not consume gluten. Three pills a day won't add a bit of gluten to your daily diet! They are a simple gel capsule containing the miracle non-gluten substance - dihydrogen monoxide.

My supplement has the the least amount of gluten of any on the market. You would have to not eat over 1000 gluten free muffins to get as little gluten as is in my supplement. Don't delay.

BUT...is it as effective as 'Colon Blow'? :D

Ok. So someone comes to dinner and they have celiac disease, are lactose intolerant and brought their comfort animal (fill in the blank). Then what are we to do?

Exactly.

In all seriousness, I think a lot depends on whether it's a small gathering between a couple of friends/family members, vs. a larger gathering with many friends/family members AND how radical of an accommodation the host/hostess would need to make.

Back
Top Bottom