The Joy Of Municipal Bonds

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I could have posted this ad(all company links deleted) on the financial board but I am mostly impressed with the marketing to us old f@rts (OK, I know there are younger folks here too) their marketing folks had a bulls eye on me. It looks like a 1971 Honda 750, great bike. My college roommate had a Norton and I had a Triumph. That was then, still don't have any municipal bonds though.

YOUR YOUTH WAS NO TIME TO BE SENSIBLE BUT NOW MIGHT BE.

Bet you never thought you’d get excited reading an ad about the joy of Municipal Bonds?

Attachments

• getimage.aspx.jpg
    getimage.aspx.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 22
My older brother went from a Norton 750 to a Honda 750 about 1970. It was like going from a Model T to a Porsche in terms of technical sophistication, although that Norton was definitely more badass.

You got me to open one eye mister bond seller, said the old trout in the deep hole, but I'm keeping the Norton...:D

While I like bikes, tell us about municipal bonds. My knowledge is lacking.

Me too, really. I am in the 25% tax bracket so I do not find munis compelling and all my fixed income is in tax favored accounts. But I like bikes, espically the vintage ones like in the picture.
The ad was a full page in the Los Angeles Times but I didn't get past the big B&W picture of the guy on the bike. While it was not effective advertising in that i didn't buy anything I was not a good candidate for their product and they sure got my attention. What are they going to do next, have a picture of my old girl friend at a college dance? Now she could sell me muni bonds whatever they are.

Back
Top Bottom