Join Early Retirement Today

The Lennon Report
Old 10-08-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The Lennon Report

I know there are many Beatles fans here. Has anyone seen or is planning to see The Lennon Report? If you have seen it, what did you think?
David1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #2

First I've heard of it. Guess I'll google it to see what it's about.

I just watched the documentary Good Ol' Freda, borrowed from my local library. That was really delightful. (She was The Beatles' fan club secretary for some 11 years. If you are a Beatles fan and haven't seen, go out and do so!)

And a couple of weeks ago I saw that Ron Howard doc Eight Days a Week at a local movie theater. I enjoyed that, too, very much. (Available only on Hulu now.)

BTW: Happy Birthday to John, who would have been 76 tomorrow, Sunday, Oct. 9.
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post

And a couple of weeks ago I saw that Ron Howard doc Eight Days a Week at a local movie theater. I enjoyed that, too, very much. (Available only on Hulu now.)
I saw the Ron Howard film in the theater too and enjoyed it. It was worth seeing in the theater for the bonus restored footage of the entire Shea Stadium set. Amazingly clear. What a treat to see it.

Hadn't heard of The Lennon Report though. Will look out for it. Thanks for the tip.

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
BTW: Happy Birthday to John, who would have been 76 tomorrow, Sunday, Oct. 9.
DD was born on 10/9, and DGD1 was born on 2/25 (George Harrison's birthday). DGD2 (born earlier this year) had the unmitigated gall to be born 3 days before Paul McCartney's birthday. I was bummed. I was planning on getting the band back together.

Edit: I just Googled the movie. I'm not sure it's going to be that interesting or entertaining, at least to me. I was devastated when John was shot and killed, and revisiting that aspect of his story doesn't really interest me. I prefer to stick with the earlier days. A Hard Day's Night is about as accurate as a documentary as I want to deal with.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Look for @johnlennon on Twitter. There is a link to Spotify Playlist there.
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #6
Dryer sheet wannabe

whoa never heard of these movies, will definitely check them out! especially Good Ol' Freda. i've been in love with the Beatles for so long and still curious to see/hear/learn more about them. wonder whether The Lennon Report is a true story or not (apart from JL fact of course)
juliadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #7

Be sure to also view the Extra Features of that Good 'Ol Freda DVD. After watching the movie, watch it again with her and the director's commentary turned on. She tells even more anecdotes.

Also, if you have not read Miss O'Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved by Chris O'Dell--who worked for Apple Corps for many years and had "relationships" with a few famous musicians--be sure to do so. I couldn't put it down! (She lived with George and Patti for a while, too. She was also one of the handful of folks sitting against the wall with Yoko during The Beatles' rooftop concert in 1969! The blonde on the right.)
Old 10-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

I suggest everyone see the show Love in Las Vegas. Masterful remastering of their music. Seen it twice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 10-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

8 Days a Week was good, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 11-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_The_Gypsy View Post
8 Days a Week was good, too...
An expanded version of 8DAW (with over 100 minutes of extra footage, plus other bonus material) will be released on DVD Nov. 18.