Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Save enough money for a RV and complete home renovation: new roof, new plumbing, new furnace, new water heater, outdoor pool, insulation...

I don’t consider this money as part of my nest egg. It should all be spent within 6 months of semi-FIRE.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wow! You folks are hard w*rkers, with all the RV's and major home reno. We moved before retirement, but actually unrelated to fire itself. Bought new car, mainly got tired of repairing old one. Main fire action was to equity from 100% (for decades) down to 50 something%
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

my list

fixup house to sell ( working on it)
Sell stuff ( on going)
buy RV
Buy vehicle to tow behind RV

first 2 hopefully fund last 2
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I don't recall having any such list other than maybe maintaining zero debt.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We just relocated and are working to get a full handle on expenses and make sure my estimates are in line with reality. Also have a few house projects we’d like to get taken care of out of ‘non retirement’ funds, so money we would be saving is going to those right now.

The big ones are:
Replacing failed double pane windows (do any of these not fail)
Repainting
New dishwashers
Adding solar
A few pieces of new furniture, though hopefully we can find most of what we need second hand
Replumbing has fireplaces

Also working to have $ set aside for small camper, remodeling a shed and a few other ‘projects’ I have planned around the house. We have a generous ‘hobby’ line in our budget, but my guess is we’ll be pretty cautious about spending for a while.
tb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
Likewise. I made sure I had the extra money to do things of this sort, but felt no need to spend the money while still working vs. retired.
+1

My list for future projects included replacing car, replacing HVAC, and updating bathrooms; but I didn't take the time to do these things before retiring...just have the funds to be able to do them after retiring, at my own pace.

I did do a lot of financial planning to have confidence I wasn't leaping into a future financial problem. No crystal ball, of course, but I wanted the odds heavily in my favor.
Nature Lover is offline   Reply With Quote