Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
You can imagine how the Star Trek franchise gets worked over by the submarine fleet during those 90-day patrols. Almost (but not quite) as popular as "Road House". By day 60, watchstanders would be able to recite dialogue for 10 minutes. By day 80 they'd be able to make all nuclear reports using only the movie's vocabulary.

These days I enjoy going to our franchise's Monday Morning Mommy movies. Five minutes from the house, the theaters almost empty-- just me and the hot chicks unemployed other retirees.

But this time we need to take a different tack with the next generation. So our kid's going to watch a Netflix copy of "Wrath of Khan" with us parents and then we'll do the same with the new Star Trek when it's out on DVD. That way she can pause the show for each leadership question, review the tactical decision-making process, and have time to outline her after-action report.

Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
Oh yeah, I had a severe crush on Leonard Nimoy.
I'm pleased to see that he's aging well, but he seemed to be talking around a set of upper dentures.

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
So did you guys have just the movies, or also the series? BTW were they on VHS,Beta, Laserdisc, or DVD, or some super secret CIA format?

I hate to say it but you may want to spring for the matinee tickets, the big screen really matters and this from somebody who is down to only seeing 3-4 movies a year outside of netflix.

clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by novaman View Post
too many errors CAUTION!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

The plot was ingeniously contrived to have the large romulan vessel come through a wormhole from the future. So the ships actions caused events to change in the now alternate reality that was this movie. So all discrepencies and errors can be explained away by this occurance. It was brilliant!
As you may be able to tell from my post I really do not have a dog in this hunt. Its a TV show and I agree with those who say that dear Sis, and trekies like her need to lighten up. That said I will lay your explanation on her and see where that goes. Just a little sibling "stirring of the pot" .
A todos los amantes del mundo. No importa el color de su piel, la pasion es universal.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Any day your on this side of the grass is a good day.
Cattusbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Mews, thanks for the heads up about ear plugs. I plan on going although Im not a real Trekkie. Saw Nimoy in a one-man show as Van Goghs bother, Theo, phenomenal.

CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote