The next adventure ...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Did you ever consider for those who choose not to 'retire in place' retirement can be like that adventure of your first day at state U?
1. We get rid of old place stuff and buy some new place stuff. Florida: dark socks with sandals so everyone can spot you for who you are - State U: hiking boots a down coat and a brand new State U sweatshirt.

2. We travel to some place and sleep in a new bed, often in a smaller space.

3. Everything is new to you like the supermarket, the weather, the roads etc.,

4. There will be waiting on lines State U: registration, my college Id etc., Florida: drivers lisence, the Boca vista section 4 b condo board registration for my pool ID And lots of new stuff to learn.. exactly where was that barber again?

5. Even though we are cooking the food is different. The water certainly is and just about everything else is or feels like it. I can't get anything like Joes pizza here!

6. There are lots of people in the same situation, anxious to chat.

7. My roommates and i went fishing on one of the first weekends we were there - I'm pretty sure I'll do the same.

8. Oh and there was that whole thing about paying for it. This time hopefully it won't be on a 'wing and a prayer'.

9. Some will adapt and thrive others will hate it and go back home.

I understand why I loved the college experience- home life was full of stress. At college all I had to worry about was that cost accounting test -Life was easy.

I guess I need a new adventure.

Last edited:
Funny but my university experience was much more stressful than moving to Paradise. There have been plenty of hurdles to clear here, but much less of a schedule to worry about and a LOT fewer people to please.

I still procrastinate like I did at University, but for the most part, being late isn't as costly.

SO... To each his own, but I much prefer this adventure to Univ. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom