The Secret To Early Retirement

Got a chuckle reading this blog:

The Secret To Early Retirement | Financial Samurai

Then it occurred to me, hey wait a minute ... I'm the working spouse!

How many other working spouses are there out there?
Here's a quote: Why hasn’t anybody come up with this concept yet, or have they?

They have, they have. According to John Galt, "a working wife is like a pumping oil well." There were many others too, men and women, who had this ace in the hole. Of course their wives all really wanted to work, and they always took pains to make their brekky and kiss them out the door every morning.

And of course if it is the wife who is working with a man at home, he can expect a rather extensive list of chores to have done every day before she comes home, lest he lose his attractive sinecure. :)

Ha

And of course if it is the wife who is working with a man at home, he can expect a rather extensive list of chores to have done every day before she comes home, lest he lose his attractive sinecure. :)
"Nothing turns me on like a man doing housework...."

Use to call men like this "go-getters". At 5 PM when the glove factory closed he would leave the pool hall and "go-get-her"!:LOL:

I continue to work 4 morning a week as I get my health insurance paid and earn some extra money to pay for the things that I really don't like to do like cleaning my house and having the lawn cut. Programming computers is fairly easy work after doing it for over 30 years. I really feel like getting out of the house sets a pace for me each day.

I often think about full retirement. I would do it in a snap if I did not have this nice part time gig.

Then it occurred to me, hey wait a minute ... I'm the working spouse!
How many other working spouses are there out there?
I appear to have married "the volunteer spouse". But we're learning a lot about the non-profit world and she seems to enjoy it for now.

Gotta run... I need to get dinner on the table before she's home. If I have time I might even get the kitchen cleaned up.

So, when the man stays home it's a sinecure, and he needs somebody to give him a to-do list, or else he'll get fired? :confused: It didn't work that way when my Mother stayed home. She knew her tasks and did them, or had us kids do them. The rest, she left to my Dad on weekends. I am trying to see what's different about a husband staying home :confused: (If you said a SAHM had a "sinecure," you'd get lynched).

Amethyst

Here's a quote: Why hasn’t anybody come up with this concept yet, or have they?

Ha

I, too, am that working wife! husband retired in aug 2010. when I get home I asked him what he did all day, he says nothing, I say, you did that yesterday, he says, I was not finished yet! child across the street asked him one day "if you do nothing all day, when do you know you are finished?

all kidding aside, he retired from fire deparment after 37 years & 28 of those years he had to have 2 jobs to make ends meet (was not married to me then-1st wife did not know how to live within their means) so I don't mind him doing nothing....I say he deserves the down time!

Back
Top Bottom