The survey says...

IE9 - probably means I have a low IQ for upgrading too soon.

8. Been waiting to updrade to 9. Like to give it a while first.

Over the years, I have moved from IE to Firefox to Safari. My willingness to embrace change denotes a higher IQ according to this study. It is of course no surprise to me because this "scientific" study had already established my superior intelligence:

It is finally proven: Apple users are more intelligent than PC users | Intelligent Elite

Who is an Apple user? [...] Often working in creative and professional fields, these people tend to have higher-than-average intelligence.

Now on to solving the debt ceiling issue...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm on IE9, but it's a little buggier than IE8 was (hesitates refreshing screens), so Purron is probably the smart money here. Highest IQ is probably using the version just prior to the latest. :cool:

Firefox for me. I have tried Chrome but like FF more.

IE8. I've tried using Firefox a few times but always had some sort of trouble with it.

Now using Firefox, it's working great.

Re: Intelligence. Well, formerly I ran a browser I designed myself one weekend running on top of an OS I designed the week prior. Yes, super fast, never a bug, immune to viruses, hardware independent. No typing, it performed searches based on detected user thought patterns. But, I missed the camaraderie and fellowship that the shared Windoze "experience" brings to fellow sufferers, so I ditched all that.

A. Huxley never told us how lonely life as an Alpha might be . . .better to be among the masses.

Chrome exclusively, but used Firefox before Chrome. I did have an experience where I couldn't update firmware for a router in Chrome.

Whats with that?

My primary browser is Firefox, but I use IE8 and Chrome as well for some news. Websites that erect paywalls, such as NYT, track usage by browser, so when my free use quota is filled with FF I just switch to IE, etc. There are still a couple of websites that need IE for full functionality.

My IQ must be really low. I don't even know which version i'm using or how to find out. I do use IE, just don't know which one. Tried Google Chrome and Firwfox but prefer IE.

FF 5.0. Had to look it up.;)

Not sure of IQ. Had a an Army GT score of 135 in 1967, whatever that means. Could barely speaka da English.

IE9 - probably means I have a low IQ for upgrading too soon.

My new Dell laptop came with IE9, and I have no issues with it so that is what I use at home as well.

When I am over at F.'s house, like right now, I use a POS spare computer of his that runs IE8.

My IQ must be really low. I don't even know which version i'm using or how to find out. I do use IE, just don't know which one. Tried Google Chrome and Firwfox but prefer IE.

Took over 30 minutes but I figured out i'm using IE 8. No plans to change.

For the most part firefox on linux. The idea of running one version back has merit unless there are obvious advantages.

Firefox, occasionally IE9 because one will sometimes display a site better than the other.

No comment on the intelligence of the fruit users.

I use Firefox. I don't run Windows so IE is definitely out. I run Firefox under the Fedora operating system (Linux based product from Red Hat). My son is a software engineer for Red Hat so he got me set up with it. Runs much faster than Windows with much less threat of viruses, spyware, etc. It has a decent user interface so it was not hard to adjust to.

Currently I am using Chrome (my favourite) except for the ER Forum and linking to the w*rk server. For those two things I use IE8. Why? Because I have found that when using Chrome on this site, clicking on thread titles or last post often comes up with a blank. W*ork server is set up only for IE.

If anyone has a solution for this problem with the ER Forum on Chrome, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom