The Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Next I predict the phone lines go down on eclipse day. Which will mean no purchase in stores by CC. Possibly even cash if the register is tied into a POS system.
I see problems using cell phones, certainly, if the population in an area goes 10X. I doubt there will be much of an issue with land lines, though. I recall at one point in a hurricane emergency (when "everyone" wanted to call someone), it took several seconds to get a dial tone. But who's going to want to be on the land-line? Isn't everyone going to be outside?

I have other plans for the event (DW's surgery). I suspect we will just wait for the 2024 one that will cross Texas during April. :cool:

I have heard that there is a huge traffic jam on Hgy 26 as people are heading for an eclipse party in Madras. I wonder if the State Police will be closing down that highway for a couple of overnight hours to allow provisioners to restock grocery stores and gas stations.

My son's family is driving their RV & ski boat to a campground outside of Redmond, OR today. Daughter's family will be joining them Saturday (flying into Redmond). They will be staying put until Wednesday. I purchased eclipse viewing glasses for all of them at REI a month ago. I pray that that trip will go well.

We will be watching from Portland. I picked up viewing glasses for DH & I at Kaiser last week.

Back
Top Bottom