Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #41
Gone but not forgotten

Hasn't this alreay been discussed?
http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...des-63112.html
imoldernu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
I haven't run into any evidence, solid or otherwise. I do think it might be interesting to discuss what sort of evidence would be solid and convincing.

But, the point I sort of was trying to make is that maybe one day (perhaps it's already happened) some guy or guyette may experience something incredibly significant, important, unbelievable-- maybe even earth-shattering (sounds like an orgasm, doesn't it?) and would not know whether to even mention the extraterrestrial encounter even with solid evidence or proof because of the negative consequences he/she might experience. I see it as a terrible dilemma for a person to be in.

I'd keep it to myself. I would however keep looking for an explanation of what really happened, keep scrutinize evidence, etc..

I can't even tell DW since it will convince her for sure that I am crazy. She already thinks I am not normal.
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like Absinthe, robnplunder.

We all know everything tastes like chicken.

ETs are reported to taste like darker poultry meat, fatter, some say more gamey. I've read they are best cooked by a confit method.

I wouldn't tell a single soul.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I sure wouldn't call the mayor or police chief about it right off the bat, y'know? They'd think I was nuts.
Oh, not at all. When someone complained to me about aliens I told them that they should first get a certification of sanity from their physician because, you know, there were so many "nut cases" making those outlandish claims and that would take the wind out of doubter's sails.

I figured a story like that was the best shot I had at getting those people to their doctor in a non-threatening way.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrinch View Post
Is this the same kind of contact that defendants describe when they testify that "voices" told them to do it?
Hey, no one at megacorp questioned me when I would call Monday morning and tell them "I can't come to work today. The voices told me to stay home and clean my guns".

If I had an experience like the OP describes, I'd move from Area 51 to SOCAL.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #46
Full time employment: Posting here.

Redduck ... Redgate. Correlation or coincidence. You be the judge.

Close encounters
zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post

We all know everything tastes like chicken.

ETs are reported to taste like darker poultry meat, fatter, some say more gamey. I've read they are best cooked by a confit method.

I wouldn't tell a single soul.
OK, I looked up the "confit method".

"Once esteemed as a preservation method, cooking and keeping duck in its rendered fat results in meltingly tender, moist, and extremely flavorful meat which can be used in a variety of simple preparations. Sear the duck legs in a hot skillet or shred the meat and add it to salads, or, perhaps best of all, make duck rillettes. Just remember the duck must be salted a day before you plan to cook it."

This is no way to treat a duck!!! I mean, gosh, I was only sitting on my couch wondering about something.
I don't even want to know what a duck rillette is.
Furthermore, I hate being salted for an entire day. It causes me to break out in a body rash (beak included).
Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
OK, I looked up the "confit method".

"Once esteemed as a preservation method, cooking and keeping duck in its rendered fat results in meltingly tender, moist, and extremely flavorful meat which can be used in a variety of simple preparations. Sear the duck legs in a hot skillet or shred the meat and add it to salads, or, perhaps best of all, make duck rillettes. Just remember the duck must be salted a day before you plan to cook it."

This is no way to treat a duck!!! I mean, gosh, I was only sitting on my couch wondering about something.
I don't even want to know what a duck rillette is.
Furthermore, I hate being salted for an entire day. It causes me to break out in a body rash (beak included).
Sorry that's how you prepare ETs too. I'd never do that to a duck, they're too much fun to watch. You can confit just about anything. My favorite is tomato confit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...it-recipe.html

I still wouldn't tell anyone about ET. Not sure what a buddy said one time but nobody saw him for 72 hours!:what:
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
The evidence would have to be very compelling.

Several years ago my mom had hallucinations/delusions caused by her medications. She swore she had physical evidence of what was transpiring, but it was all just part of the hallucinations/delusions.

The delusions had gotten so deeply implanted into her mind that even after they removed her from the meds, she continued to swear it was all true for years.

So truth be told, if anyone told me they had been contacted by aliens, my first thought would be to wonder if they were having delusions.
This reminds me, a story my father told me that happened to him at work. A woman came in and talked about my father in very glowing terms, and she knew it was all true she said as she spoke to Jesus.
Which is fine as many folks do, but when she said Jesus spoke back to her, and sat on her livingroom table, is when my father pushed the help button.
The Police came and took the woman away for some medical observation.

So if something visits out of the ordinary, I'll think long and hard before sharing that info.
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

I have not had ET confit, but between French duck confit and Chinese Peking duck (the other redduck), I would not know how to choose as they are both so good. Well, I simply must have them both (but not on the same day).

If you have not had duck confit, be sure to look for it the next time you go to a French restaurant. Good French restaurants in the US would have it on the menu, and you do not have to go to France or to Quebec. Or if you are a recluse and do not want to leave your home, order some from Costco who carries D'Artagnan Duck Confit, but I have not done that myself. Ask Audrey1 as she has done that, or talked about it (my superior memory shines again!).

About ET confit, even if I have had a chance to taste it, I would not brag about it, even anonymously on a Web forum. There are things that a guy must keep to himself, you know?

PS. About rillette, I still have a small jar of goose rillette I brought back from Quebec. You just don't know what you are missing in life!

PPS. Looking at Web photos of duck leg confit makes me hungry, but my appetite cannot be satiated at this moment of writing (1AM)

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

There are many claims that the aliens, perhaps multiple groups, have been here for a long time.

Individual contact such as presented might be one of the aliens playing games, or acting outside of approved channels.
unno2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:20 AM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by unno2002 View Post
There are many claims that the aliens, perhaps multiple groups, have been here for a long time.

Individual contact such as presented might be one of the aliens playing games, or acting outside of approved channels.
Well, that makes sense. Perhaps the occasional UFO sightings can be explained as the extraterrestrial equivalent of "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote