Join Early Retirement Today

The World is upside down - again
Old 04-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

The World is upside down - again

This headline from Bloomberg:

Steve McQueen's New Electric Porsche Is as Fast as a Tesla

People beeing exited when a prestigeous sports car is as fast as a nice family saloon. The World must be turned on it's head!

Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Someone can build an electric that is faster than a Tesla if they want... it is not like there is a secret... just put in motors that make it go quicker...

Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post

People beeing exited when a prestigeous sports car is as fast as a nice family saloon. The World must be turned on it's head!
Not as crazy as you think, since a Top of the Line model S is face melting fast
Think 700+ HP.

Per Motor Trend
"We all understand acceleration. Its the rate of change of velocity. This 4,891-pound Tesla Model S P100D does it best, reaching 30, 40, 50, and 60 mph from a standstill more quickly than any other production vehicle weve ever tested, full stop. In our testing, no production car has ever cracked 2.3 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. But Tesla has, in 2.275507139 seconds."
rocketjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sorry - couldn't resist.....

Old 04-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

If I still were commuting I would have bought a Tesla. Not the Porsche. Would be a nice car to park outside Saddle Rock!

I remember first day at school getting cred from some of the boys because my teacher-fathers car had the largest speedometer max value of all the teachers cars. 180 km/h! In the early seventies.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
If I still were commuting I would have bought a Tesla. Not the Porsche. Would be a nice car to park outside Saddle Rock!

I remember first day at school getting cred from some of the boys because my teacher-fathers car had the largest speedometer max value of all the teachers cars. 180 km/h! In the early seventies.
Amazing what boys value at that age. Come to think of it, not much has changed.

I've watched several YouTube videos of the amazing acceleration of Tesla in Ludicrous mode. Still a turn on at age 70! Go figure.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #7

According to the article McQueen died in 1980. IF he ever owned it, he sure doesn't own it now. Manipulated headline to grab reader's attention.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My 100K mile Nissan pickup will beat any one of them in a 500 mile race.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShooter View Post
My 100K mile Nissan pickup will beat any one of them in a 500 mile race.
Don't know. they could get to charging station really fast and then get enough juice to finish.....maybe.