Join Early Retirement Today

TheFed is back in the hizzzzouse!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

TheFed is back in the hizzzzouse!

Well I've been gone a while...for anyone who cares here's a quick update:

I'm here ...been lurking but too busy. Still going through a sloppy divorce...emptied out 90% of my retirement accounts to fund it so retirement is the last thing on my mind! It's amazing how plans can change.....

The inflatable biz is growing at an alarming pace. We should hit 550-600k in sales this year. I have a goal of $1mil sales in 2014 with a 35% profit margin after taking a modest salary. (right now I only take 15k...uggg)

I'm starting another business too...getting ready to launch our website live in 30 days. It's a free family event guide printed magazine distributed at kid/family friendly businesses in NE Ohio. It is mirrored buy an amazing interactive website, and a mobile app. We will get a few issues out this year, but I anticipate this being something I can franchise (or sell as a biz opp) by the end of next year. We shall see....

I'm moving into one of my rentals...I had to kick a lady out and I'm waiting for her to vacate. I'm broke due to the divorce...paying alimony plus her mortgage plus rent at an apartment puts me out 3500/mo. So I'm moving into a rental, renting out MY home whenever my wife vacates to generate a small $100/mo cashflow, and focusing on my 2 businesses above. Never thought I'd be doing all this at this age...but I think it's going to be a drop in the bucket when I sell my $1mil gross rev business is 2014 for 1.5 mil!!!

I sit around all night working on my pc, dont drink any more....dont smoke pot. Just wait for my bi-weekly visits with my boys and hope I get them on time. I got 24/hr Hustler TV for $9/mo, so that's cool

The baby just took his first steps yesterday....with me. The older 2 confirmed he hadnt done it yet. Very cool

Did I mention I have a restraining order against my wife? Yea...she really IS nuts. Stalking, harrassing...I just hope all her erratic behavior somehow influences the custody battle...but it hasnt so far.

And that's it in a nutshell guys....TheFed is here...down to one knee but I'm ready to stand tall again. Watch out....I'm heading back up to the top
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Welcome back Fed. Sounds like the business success may get you back on track to FI in no time. And remember, no matter how bad stuff gets don't diss the ex to the kids - that won't do them any good. If she is nuts be sympathetic, as hard as that may be.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

donheff speaks words of wisdom.
psweath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #4

Glad to have you back Fed. Sorry for your troubles. Hang in there.
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
Welcome back Fed. Sounds like the business success may get you back on track to FI in no time. And remember, no matter how bad stuff gets don't diss the ex to the kids - that won't do them any good. If she is nuts be sympathetic, as hard as that may be.

+1 on this.... I have a BIL who was divorced before marrying my sister... his ex was nuts... he never dissed her.... when the kids were older they were able to figure it out....
Texas Proud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #6

thanks...i appreciate the kind words. it's not tough for me to be positive about their mom to them...it's natural.

i think/know she is crazy, but like you said...they can figure that out on their own if that's the path they choose...i am choosing to take the high road. not a negative word yet!

been so busy it's hard to get on here...but i'm workin at at!! nov/dec sounds more like it...better believe i'll be screamin from the mountain tops when this divorce is finalized!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #7

guess who has had custody of his boys Sun-thurs every week? this guy!

10 days til it's officially over...i will share details when it comes

and....maybe 5-10 days away from hitting an incomprehensible goal with the inflatable biz.... 500k!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations!
Dancer373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I'm impressed you have such a stong desire to keep your boys in your life. I've seen so many men walk away from the kids after a split up particularly after they find a new love interest.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #10

Congrats! Keep up the good fight and keep your nose clean. It never ends...
Bimmerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #11

You did good, time to work on your life bucket again.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas proud View Post
ex was nuts... He never dissed her.... When the kids were older they were able to figure it out....
a big +1!!!!

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
Well I've been gone a while...for anyone who cares here's a quick update:

I'm here ...been lurking but too busy. Still going through a sloppy divorce...emptied out 90% of my retirement accounts to fund it so retirement is the last thing on my mind! It's amazing how plans can change.....

The inflatable biz is growing at an alarming pace. We should hit 550-600k in sales this year. I have a goal of $1mil sales in 2014 with a 35% profit margin after taking a modest salary. (right now I only take 15k...uggg)
I was watching ABC's Good Morning America this morning and they had clip on their Play of the Day segment showing people playing "bubble soccer" (wearing giant inflatable bubbles) and then they had a short in studio segment showing 2 of their hosts fooling around in these things. They came back from a break and said, "We'd like to thank our friends from Ohio Mobile Gaming who drove through the night to get these things here." They also showed a nice graphic for OhioMobileGaming.com

That's thefed's inflatable biz. NICE PLUG!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #14

haha! glad someone saw it!! It was a great plug...couldnt be happier. We're really expanding and about to close a deal for our 2nd licensing agreement. Thanks for payin attention!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I'm impressed you have such a stong desire to keep your boys in your life. I've seen so many men walk away from the kids after a split up particularly after they find a new love interest.

I've seen it too and as the father of a three year old I can't even begin to comprehend it.
jon-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #16

Yay! I'm famous. Lol. This reminds me I never got the video off my DVR and onto the computer and website....so if I can figure this out I will post it on youtube for those who haven't seen body zorbs in action. Very fun stuff
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-nyc View Post
I've seen it too and as the father of a three year old I can't even begin to comprehend it.
I'm still learning...but having my boys with me is so amazing. I'm becoming a much better person...more humble...sometimes more patient. I love watching them grow, learn, mess up, develop, love, forgive...all of it. I'm so happy and proud to be a dad...I don't see how anyone could walk away from this.

My ex, on the other hand, has been drinking and partying like she is 21...and it's affecting the boys. Very sad
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #18

omg_gets_plugged_on_good_morning_america.mpeg - YouTube

OhioMobileGamingGoodMorningAmerica.mpeg - YouTube