Then came Branson

greg

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
WTF:confused: I don't know how we ended up here. We're going to a show tomorrow nite. Right now DW is scootering around town checking things out. I expect an oral report when she returns. :D

I went there when I was a kid (1960's). Only the "Baldnobbers Show", and the road to Marvel Cave was gravel. And the lake of course. Went back in early 90's, WOW. Haven't been back since. Things have sure changed I bet.

Greg said:
WTF:confused: I don't know how we ended up here. We're going to a show tomorrow nite. Right now DW is scootering around town checking things out. I expect an oral report when she returns. :D

Everyone should make a pilgrimage to the Mecca of Senior Citizens at least once in their life. Looks like you are getting an early start. As luck (?) would have it, DW and I area headed to Branson next week with my brother, his wife and my sister. They are all in their 70's, so I'm I'm only going along because they need a "youngster" to drive. :D

What's your excuse? :)

Don't forget Lambert's (they'll toss you a roll or two). For some other good grub try Top of the Rock, beautiful lake views and the best 'tater's ever. Might even run into Andy Williams.

I went there for the Christmas shows in '04. We're going back in May to catch some of the 'regular' shows, and then again in Nov. for some other Christmas shows.

It's always just a nice relaxing getaway for us. And of course Lambert's for the "throwed rolls", and McFarland's where you always get your dessert FIRST!!!

65 degrees.

Yummy.

Only four RVs in the campground.

Apparently Top of the Rock restaurant had a fire and is in the process of rebuilding.

[quote
I always loved the opening.
[/quote]

"The businessman smiles wistfully and nods. The light changes, and off goes the laconic motorcyclist, gunning it out of the city, toward open space and adventure."

In truth, an early retiree.

I went there for a food show once, and learned to my great sorrow that there is hardly anywhere to hear live music and most every restaurant is DRY! :eek:
Finally found a smokey Holiday Inn basement where there was a band banging out old 80s hits and they served beer. Pretty area though, and I also saw some of Arkansas--including the Hooters in Fayetteville.

Sarah

I was there once for business, fortunately it was early Feb and most places were closed for the winter.

REWahoo! said:
What's your excuse? :)

I wish we had one. It just seems that we're meandering by the compass of our emotions. :-\ The good news is/are: DW signed us up for a 'cheap' show. We get tickets for $3 each if we listen to a timeshare presentation for an hour this afternoon. Should I be snide or plain rude--or honest? It appears to be the low season around here, with all the bigger name acts not yet performing. So this afternoon we'll walk/drive around looking at the sights, DW will choose a restaurant, then the show. I can hardly wait for Arkansas. (We're actually having a good time. ) :)

Martha said:
Apparently Top of the Rock restaurant had a fire and is in the process of rebuilding.

Darn. You can sample free wine at Stonehill Winery, and learn how they bottle it as it's made up in Herman, MO I think and shipped to Branson for sale.

When are the RV camps expecting their incoming crowds?

Back
Top Bottom