There's No Tracking Like UPS Tracking

I'll bet you guy's didn't know that the UPS man carries doggy treats for those with big dogs. Ankle biters might also get a treat if they act about 20 times larger...

My relatives live in rural Oregon and their loose, big dogs rush to meet the UPS guy looking for their treats.

Funny story. The last time I bought dog treats was from K-Mart. Milk Bones were on sale buy 3, get one free and I had coupons for buy one, get one free. I bought 9 boxes and the cashier stopped and looked at me and said, "How many dogs do you own?!!!"

My previous UPS guy always had biscuits for my pup but told me that they were not supposed to carry dog treats per company policy. His replacement does not give out treats but said that he could tell the previous guy did as he was met by dogs (including mine) at most stops on his route.

My previous UPS guy always had biscuits for my pup but told me that they were not supposed to carry dog treats per company policy. His replacement does not give out treats but said that he could tell the previous guy did as he was met by dogs (including mine) at most stops on his route.

That's true now. People frequently call in complaints because the driver gave their dog a treat and drivers have been bit because he/she may think the treat will protect them.

I only give them to dogs I know, whose owners don't mind, only on my own area. After the contaminated Chinese pet food deaths though, I decided not to buy anymore after my treats run out.

Success...a repeat telemarketer just automatically got hung up on by my call blocker. :D

A repeat number called at 8:15 in the morning (while I was still asleep) :mad:.

Good thing my call blocker caught that, automatically hung up after one ring. I barely noticed :D

Update...well, it looks like I'm back to the drawing board as that call blocker I got stopped functioning properly after about 30 days. It interfered with my DSL connection and would tie up the line. Bummer...now back to the phone ringing with telemarketers.

We ordered a new set of pots and pans from Costco (Cusinart - very good deal vs Amazon) and they were suppose to be delivered by UPS yesterday. While their tracking system is good, their delivery performance vs what the tracking system indicates as being an on time delivery is not so good. It looks like we'll have to wait until Monday. This has happened several times, and while they typically quote 5-7 business days after shipment, they should not indicate delivery by the end of the 5th day for all 5 intransit days and then suddenly change it the evening of the 5th day when they do not make it as stated on the tracking system.

Update...well, it looks like I'm back to the drawing board as that call blocker I got stopped functioning properly after about 30 days. It interfered with my DSL connection and would tie up the line. Bummer...now back to the phone ringing with telemarketers.

Can you route your calls through google voice? I think it has automatic blocking of numbers known to be telemarketers.

Did you put a filter on it ? Everything using your DSL line except the DSL modem must have a DSL filter on it or it will interfere with the DSL.

Can you route your calls through google voice? I think it has automatic blocking of numbers known to be telemarketers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't used google voice yet.
With google voice, do callers my another number or my landline number?

Last edited:
Did you put a filter on it ? Everything using your DSL line except the DSL modem must have a DSL filter on it or it will interfere with the DSL.

yes.. I used a filter. I should have read the Amazon reviews closer before bought the thing as some have mentioned that it doesn't work with DSL. The odd thing is the device seemed to work for about a month before acting up.

I'm now considering something one called a Digitone.

Amazon.com: Digitone Call Blocker: Electronics

But I hear there maybe be a newer version this year that allows more blocked numbers.

Back
Top Bottom