Join Early Retirement Today

This is Just Weird
Old 01-03-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

This is Just Weird

I don't know if I can get away with the title but I left a letter out of the four-letter word so maybe the moderators will let it slide.

Maybe you've heard of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. It's a book with unusual trivia and other factoids that one can read while sitting on the porcelain throne. There are short reading sections as well as extended sitting sections of the book. It's fun reading and you don't have to keep it in the bathroom - I guess it could be a fun coffee table book albeit without pictures thankfully.

With that in mind you can tell I'm not entirely opposed to discussing bathroom habits.

BUT.....

While surfing the web yesterday evening I came across what I think is a very unusual post regarding toilet issues. Here's the link:

I recorded the day and time each time I pooped in 2016. Here are some results - Album on Imgur

This person has counted the day/date/time of his (I presume it's a guy) bowel movements! Maybe it was a science experiment, maybe his physician asked him to collect the data, or maybe he's just a bit weird.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I choose number 3: just plain weird. (And, no, I didn't click on the link. )

Some would say that members of this forum are obsessive about checking their numbers. We got nothin on this guy.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I don't know if I can get away with the title but I left a letter out of the four-letter word so maybe the moderators will let it slide.
And as if by magic.....
Old 01-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #4
Administrator

The thread title was edited. Still weird. I'm not reading the link, and have no interest at all in Uncle John's bowel habits. Or anyone else.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #5

As MichaelB said, the title was edited. I'm okay with that.

For those that may be interested - that is, find it odd/unusual that somebody took time to chart this stuff - the charts are shown below. But that's only half of the story - the other half is reading what the "author" says about the charts and also reading the responses on the blog (or whatever it is).
Attached Images
File Type: png total.PNG (2.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: png monthly.PNG (18.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png dayofweek.PNG (8.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png timeofday.PNG (41.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #6

Just make sure this doesn't show up as yet another variable in FireCalc......
Old 01-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #7

I just know there has to be some correlations to the market swings or, I could be full of poop.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Other than those with an actual, diagnosed digestive disease: An obsession with one's...bodily productions...strikes me as the province of toddlers, and of people returning to the toddler stage.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I've logged everything I've eaten for almost 600 days.

Wonder if there's an app John uses. It would be great seeing food in and.............

Maybe someone could take the data and provide a grocery list....
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

(humor on )
I sense and "internet of things" opportunity here. Toilet tank/bowl sensors that when, shall we say, "actions" occur, record not only the type of "action", but an analysis of the "results", to generate all sorts of data points. Then, like fitness bracelets, broadcast them to your desired data collector of choice for aggregation and analysis.

Now, still need to work on things such as what if you are traveling (hand-held laser light analysis?), separating "actions" by individuals (based on unique "patterns" a la fingerprints?), etc... but it may be a start...
(humor off )
Old 01-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #11

I am not DR or nutritional expert of any sort but twice per day? Maybe, just maybe there is way too much intake. Rough guess is 5/week.

" People say I'm lazy, dreaming my life away Well, they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall "Don't you miss the big time, boy. You're no longer on the ball" -John Lennon-
Bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I'm reminded of the three days I spent in the gastrointestinal unit of a hospital. They captured everything from my body, weighed and cultured and......

Note to self the restaurant at 8th and Central in KCMO is not a safe place to eat.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #13

There used to be a Twitter feed for a cat that automatically tweeted every time the kitty used the litter box. The box was mounted on pressure sensors which, with the help of an Arduino, were able to determine whether the kitty had done #1 or #2, and report that in the tweet, along with the amount of time the poor long-suffering kitty spent in the litter box.

EDIT - it's still active, at https://twitter.com/nibblerpoop and this webpage describes how the project was set up - http://www.scottcutler.net/catpoop/catpoop.html

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
There used to be a Twitter feed for a cat that automatically tweeted every time the kitty used the litter box.
Obviously, some people have WAY too much time on their hands!
Old 01-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

It could end up as an exhibit in New York City's Museum of Modern Art.

Just like this: https://www.moma.org/learn/moma_lear...e-1985-ongoing
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote