This so sad, this really hurts.

I read this news this morning with a heavy heart too.

My daughter is really into horses -- at age 10 she has started cleaning stalls on the weekend because she wants more time around them.

Needless to say, it was a sad day in our home. He was a beautiful, proud animal.

this is two tear sad. one tear in one eye for the loss of such a gorgeous beast. and one tear in the other for the humanity which pushed this beast so far beyond its natural limitation that its bones fractured.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
this is two tear sad. one tear in one eye for the loss of such a gorgeous beast. and one tear in the other for the humanity which pushed this beast so far beyond its natural limitation that its bones fractured.

Inbred for too long.

When I was in my early 20's I worked for a short time in the racing industry working with the horses. This horse was one of the lucky ones that was given a chance, the others are just disposed of even with easily repairable injuries. Sadly, for these beautiful animals, it's all about the money.

Is it more tragic that we will spend +$1MM on medical care for a single horse yet millions of Americans lack affordable access to basic health care that in many cases would make the difference between life and death?

soupcxan said:
Is it more tragic that we will spend +$1MM on medical care for a single horse yet millions of Americans lack affordable access to basic health care that in many cases would make the difference between life and death?

Can't say it any better. Add the millions in underdeveloped countries who can not afford a less than one dollar measle vaccine, and countless other basic medical needs.

soupcxan said:

My sympathies to you for your loss. I only wish I could own a horse as magnificent.

soupcxan said:

that certainly would be tragic if this was public policy but individuals get to spend money pretty much where they will.

i often thought of how unbelievably lucky my wolfpuppy was to have me as guardian. not just better medical care than most humans get, but food, housing, daycare, you name it. he didn't have a need or barely a want go unmet. i even put in ceramic nonskid tile floor in the entire house when he started having trouble standing up in his old age. yet i don't think we ever even put handicap rails in mom's shower when she got older. not that she let us. but yes, the life in our homes live well.

Back
Top Bottom