Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #2661
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It is pouring in Southwest Florida . Debby is dumping huge amounts of water . We are also having thunderstorms and lots of wind .Hopefully she will move past us soon.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #2662
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36 View Post
W2R, from what I see on The Weather Channel, you will be gettng wet soon. Sounds like Debby will take a turn west and head right at you. It's really nasty here as I am right on the eastern band of the storm. Down town areas of Tampa and St. Pete/Clearwater are really getting soaked. We got some nice rain (needed) and it's windy but really just brushing us as we are about 10 miles east of Tampa. Get the buckets ready.
Glad to hear you are just getting brushed by TS Debby but sorry to hear that it is so nasty closer to the coast. It's hard to know what to expect here, although we do have tropical storm warnings from the NHC. I sure hope that Debby gets a move on and gets out of your area.

Right now, still hot-hot-hot and sunny...

― N. Gaiman (2002)

W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #2663
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
W2R, from what I see on The Weather Channel, you will be gettng wet soon. Sounds like Debby will take a turn west and head right at you. It's really nasty here as I am right on the eastern band of the storm. Down town areas of Tampa and St. Pete/Clearwater are really getting soaked. We got some nice rain (needed) and it's windy but really just brushing us as we are about 10 miles east of Tampa. Get the buckets ready.
We are to the west of Tampa and we have been getting drenched since last night. Glad to be living on the second floor.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #2664

We have our welcome mats out for Debby... hope that will help her decide to pay us a visit.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #2665

Things have really gotten bad in central Florida area. I spoke too soon when I told W2R we were just getting a needed rain and some wind. It's gotten worse since I posted that. The storm has intensified and numerous tornados have been reported with one death reported in Lake Placid which is more toward the center of the state.
St. Pete, Clearwater and points north are getting hammered by winds and rain.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #2666
Administrator

Quote:
Things have really gotten bad in central Florida area. I spoke too soon when I told W2R we were just getting a needed rain and some wind. It's gotten worse since I posted that. The storm has intensified and numerous tornados have been reported with one death reported in Lake Placid which is more toward the center of the state.
St. Pete, Clearwater and points north are getting hammered by winds and rain.
Take care, and stay safe, JOHNNIE36 and our other Floridians. I just hope the storm moves away from you before any more deaths or damage result.

― N. Gaiman (2002)

Old 06-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #2667

Thanks W2R. Been watching the local station and haven't heard lately about the projected path Debby could take. It could still turn east and track over the top of the Florida pennisula. Just reported an official 6.3" of rain in Tampa. More so in some areas. All the locals can now stop bitching about how dry it's been. Zip it!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #2668
Give me a forum ...

Debby has dumped a ton of water and flooding is a real problem .Here is a picture of my neighbors house .It is now an Island .Luckily our house is elevated so we are safe so far !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (366.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #2669

Largo has received 9.5" in the past 24 hours. Flooded roads and stranded vehicles being reported not far from the apartment.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #2670
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Largo has received 9.5" in the past 24 hours. Flooded roads and stranded vehicles being reported not far from the apartment.
That's a lot of rain! Hope your apartment is not in danger of flooding.

― N. Gaiman (2002)

Old 06-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #2671

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
That's a lot of rain! Hope your apartment is not in danger of flooding.
We are on the second (top) floor so no chance of flooding. Haven't see any roof leaks so all is well for now. Still raining cats and dogs.

I shouldn't have said that. I miss my cat.

The lights keep blinking every once in awhile. Don't like that.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2672

storm.jpg storm1.JPG

And now a word from the Southwest. Looks like the monsoon may start a little early this year. I can hear some boomers in the back yard.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #2673
Administrator

Right now, at 4:30 PM, it's 101 F with blazing sun and 44% humidity here. I was amazed at how fast my energy drained away while just walking between the car and the gym.

Hot, hot, hot.... but at least we don't have a tropical storm like our Floridians.

― N. Gaiman (2002)

Old 06-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
We set a new record for rainfall for June 24th at 12.25".
Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #2675
Give me a forum ...

The storm is stalled off the coast so it keeps dumping incredible amounts of water . Lots of local flooding and strong winds . I have stayed inside cleaning closets and thanks to powerplay I have the world's cleanest oven !
Old 06-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #2676
Give me a forum ...

Hang in there y'all.....

Any fish around my abode would be fried. Right now it's 104.7 here. ...sounds like a radio station.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2677
Give me a forum ...

105F, but is it dry heat?

107F where yours truly is, but 15% humidity, with dew point of 47F. Dry enough for anybody?

Still, after 9AM, I ain't goin' outside. Been told these rays cause cancer. AC set at 78F.

Haven't tried to get in the pool yet this year, while I have been spending all that time cleaning it (dust storm!), and the money for chlorine.

PS. I should be up where it is cooler, a lot cooler, but the emergency at home that made me cut short the RV trip also keeps me in town for a little longer. If I disappear again for a while, y'all know what happens to me. I will be in places where I am incommunicado (like no Internet!).
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #2678
Give me a forum ...

I think it hit 106F here today! 25% humidity.

Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter!

I smoked some salmon outside anyway.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #2679
Full time employment: Posting here.

It has been in the 70's and clear for the last few days because of a low over No CA & Oregon. I'm enjoying it while I can because I just know that the 100's are coming back. I hope & pray that we don't have wildfires this year around here. I really feel for those people in CO...and for those in the SE. You are made of stronger stuff than me...that heat and humidity would do me in! Stay safe back there!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #2680

104 yesterday at DFW, whew. Hopefully, we are not in for a repeat of last summer.