This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cold here too, but at least no sn*w. High temp was 33°. Maybe some snow flurries tonight.:nonono:

I have a brand new snow thrower and frankly, I am not eager to try it out. If we don't get any snow at all for the next several years I will consider that getting my money's worth out of it.:D

The weather is awfully nice. Nice enough I snuck out in my flip flops and pjs to swipe the neighbors paper (she’s in Canada sending me the snow flake pics).

The temperature here has almost quadrupled today. from 3 to 11.

We'll be up there next weekend for my nephew's wedding. If you could arrange something 40 or 50 degrees higher for then, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure if my system can handle a transition from the 80s to single digits.

We offered them all the money we'll be spending to go up there as a wedding gift (flight, hotel, even my new suit), but they said they want us there. I think they hate us.

It is in the low 70's here in Ventura County, and my 7 foot high tomato plants are still producing.

The scroll at the bottom of the 10 p.m. news says -3 right now. The weatherman says -11 overnight. We're not going to reach +10 until at least the 4th or 5th of January.

I've lived here all my life and still wonder why.

Overnight low of 46 high today 72+. We have the Christmas Bird Count on saturday.
I still have a couple of Ann's hummingbirds hanging out, hope they don't decide to go north because of the nice weather.

5°F here this morning, coldest day so far this winter.
I used to live in the snow belt a long time ago, so I can't help myself from reading about the massive snowfalls those poor folks are experiencing right now. Over five feet in Erie PA, with another six inches coming today. They're used to it of course but still very difficult for many people.

Up to 0 here around the St Louis area this morning. 3 weeks til we leave for Florida for 2 months- it seems like forever to get to the exit date.

Was -22 when I woke up this morning. It is hard to explain how much colder -22 is than 0. Why do I live here again? :)

It's Friggin cold here in Bloomington MN, around -9F. I have a new client to meet this afternoon and another Buyer that wants to see 4 Town Homes this evening.
Time to break out the long underwear. :(

Here in mid Utah we have had a mild beginning to the winter thus far. We have a high pressure system that likes us although I don't know why. I'm not complaining. It's been cold but not real cold and not much snow. That of course is subject to change at any time. Most of the colder air and snow that we get comes from the northwest as the Rockies block most of the colder air coming from our northeast.

December for us has been a breeze so far. Up north near Salt Lake City they get a few more storms coming through. We can too, and can get cold here as well, but so far the high pressure has sent almost everything north and away from us.

We'll be up there next weekend for my nephew's wedding. If you could arrange something 40 or 50 degrees higher for then, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure if my system can handle a transition from the 80s to single digits.

We offered them all the money we'll be spending to go up there as a wedding gift (flight, hotel, even my new suit), but they said they want us there. I think they hate us.

Sorry - I just checked the forecast. No balmy days ahead. I think there may be a day or 2 with highs around 30 about 10 days out.

I'm in Erie, Pa. -- 53 inches of snow in 48 hours starting Christmas day. Temps in the mid-teens. We are now up to 102 inches for this December, 62 inches from the lake event storm alone. 101 inches is an average for an entire winter in Erie. Our local mall has been closed the last two days to help keep people off the roads during a declared snow emergency. National guard called in to help get people to/from hospitals and clear exits at senior living complexes. No mail deliveries and most newspapers not being delivered.

I'm in Erie, Pa. -- 53 inches of snow in 48 hours starting Christmas day. Temps in the mid-teens. We are now up to 102 inches for this December, 62 inches from the lake event storm alone. 101 inches is an average for an entire winter in Erie. Our local mall has been closed the last two days to help keep people off the roads during a declared snow emergency. National guard called in to help get people to/from hospitals and clear exits at senior living complexes. No mail deliveries and most newspapers not being delivered.

Yep, me too.

Unpleasant on the Emerald Coast today as well-overcast, breezy, light rain and 50. Better than freezing and feet of snow, but still.....

Needs to warm up so the tourists spend more money.

Very glad I’m no longer in the northern Plains.

A balmy 2F here in SW PA. Had snow tires put on my Suburban yesterday. Might actually get some snow this Sunday. BTW Snow tires in cold weather give great handling even if dry pavement.

Up to 0 here around the St Louis area this morning. 3 weeks til we leave for Florida for 2 months- it seems like forever to get to the exit date.

When I lived in Chicago, I would start dreaming of spring in January. It always seemed like it would take forever to arrive. :(

Winter has (so far) failed to arrive in south Florida (like last year). I bought some Vinca as an annual last spring, but it's still flourishing - see the photo below. I like Vinca because it's (1) cheap, (2) hardy, and (3) continuously blooming. I'm posting this to help folks in the frozen north dream of spring. :)

Attachments

• vinca and gecko.JPG
    vinca and gecko.JPG
    905.3 KB · Views: 20
The high today is forecast to be 25°, low 10°.

I'm staying inside (78°) until April. Maybe May. Or even June.

The high today is forecast to be 25°, low 10°.

I'm staying inside (78°) until April. Maybe May. Or even June.
Well at least you have some variety forecast. Our high today is forecast to be 46°, low 42°, dark with cold drizzly rain all day long (and now the sun is down so it is definitely dark).

I'm here inside with the thermostat set for a comfortable 71°. I think I'm in love with my new HVAC system. :D

I have been following the snow reports in Erie. I went to college there and just can’t believe the amount of snow this week! Hopefully the rest of winter is much more calm and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom