This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
W2R, thanks for your efforts but it looks like the national news is carrying the load at the moment. 34 days and counting of temps at 100 and above... :nonono:

:eek: That's simply unbearable! My sympathies. Glad you have been able to get away now and then.

W2R, thanks for your efforts but it looks like the national news is carrying the load at the moment. We average is less than 10 days per year of temps 100 and above at we're currently sitting at 34 days and counting... :nonono:
Yep. 106º here yesterday. And, obviously, no rain.

Things have improved here. Last week we had 5 straight days of below 90 temps with some rain. A couple of nights of 58-60 temps. Pretty nice for this time of year. Suppose to rain off and on this week with similar temps. 88 right now. I'm happy.:)

Come visit Texans. It's beautiful up here.

tstorms.gif

76° F | 54° F

T-storms 20% chance of precipitation

I had friends from Texas visiting last week:)
They enjoyed it very much. They promised to return the favor and let me visit next February:)

Well......today, there's been rain 30 miles north of me (hope you enjoyed it bbbamI) 15 miles south of me, and 5 miles west of me. Not a drop here. I feel like I live in a black hole. :(

We have quite a few old-timers out here who have lived their whole lives here -- 60, 70, 80 years or more. Most of them tell me that this is the most miserably brutal summer they have EVER experienced here.

Here in Ohio, it's been the coolest July on record.

Here in Ohio, it's been the coolest July on record.

I haven't heard anything official but this must be one of the coolest summers in Wisconsin as well. Only hit 90 2 days and has been under 80 more often than not. The humidity is still high especially at night. Last night at w*rk the humidity was 91% but it was only 60 degrees so still not bad.

In MN we are below normal, but I don't believe we are anywhere near the coolest on record.
aaronc, should be some relief on the way, dew points started dropping here just this afternoon:)

Well......today, there's been rain 30 miles north of me (hope you enjoyed it bbbamI) 15 miles south of me, and 5 miles west of me. Not a drop here. I feel like I live in a black hole. :(
It started raining this a.m. and has rained constantly..it's still raining. Sounds like there is more to come the next few days. It's crazy that we're receiving all this rain in July.

Poundkey, I tried to blow cool air in REWahoo's direction, but it didn't work. I wish I could help, but I got nothin'. :(

It started raining this a.m. and has rained constantly..it's still raining. Sounds like there is more to come the next few days. It's crazy that we're receiving all this rain in July.

Poundkey, I tried to blow cool air in REWahoo's direction, but it didn't work. I wish I could help, but I got nothin'. :(

It really is unusual for this time of year. I still haven't got a drop, but it's just west of me again. I'm gonna try to not to scare it off this time. :angel:
Weather Radar | North Texas | WFAA.com

Down in REW's area it's really bad I hear. Like the late 50s/early 60s when we were torching prickly pear for the cattle to eat. Darn cows would follow us around and eat the pear while it was still smoking.....pretty crazy stuff. :(

It's 90 here in Seattle at 9 pm. And almost no one here has AC. It is dry, so it could be a lot worse. And, according to the forecast, it will be!

Ha

We are in our typical summer pattern . Afternoon thundershowers to cool things down.

Current conditions (as of 8:53 AM)Today's forecast°F | °C
32.gif
Clear
81°FFeels like: 86°F

Down in REW's area it's really bad I hear. Like the late 50s/early 60s when we were torching prickly pear for the cattle to eat. Darn cows would follow us around and eat the pear while it was still smoking.....pretty crazy stuff. :(
I hear this evening's ABC World News (Charlie Gibson) will have a segment on how the drought is going to cost US consumers at the grocery store this year...

Nice yard work weather.

partlycloudy.gif

70° F | 49° F
partlycloudy.gif

72° F | 47° F
chancetstorms.gif

63° F | 52° F
partlycloudy.gif

72° F | 56° F
chancetstorms.gif

72° F | 52° F

Dawg, tell Martha you will do the yard work, that may get you a room;)

In northeast OH the weather this summer has been perfect. Its the coolest July on record but temps have gotten into the high 70s low 80s. We haven't turned on the AC yet; that's a very good thing because electricity costs a lot of cash here. We're eating out of our garden, but the tomatoes are slow going due to the cool nights. They'll get there, though.

In northeast OH the weather this summer has been perfect. Its the coolest July on record but temps have gotten into the high 70s low 80s. We haven't turned on the AC yet; that's a very good thing because electricity costs a lot of cash here. We're eating out of our garden, but the tomatoes are slow going due to the cool nights. They'll get there, though.

It's 92 in my apartment, and I have pretty good airflow here. I hate to think what it might be without that.

Seattle high today was 97, which tied the all time record. Tomorrow they predict over 100. It was over 100 on the east side of Lake Washington today.

During hot spells in the past I lived along the sound north of the city. It was much cooler there.

It is hard for me to realize how much water I have to drink. I drink and drink and drink and I still don't pee much. A few hours ago I thought- why do I feel so beat? I drank about 2 quarts of really cold water and felt much better.

It is dry. I notice almost no actual sweat. I guess it just evaporates immediately. I do have a good fan blowing on me. I feel kind of stupid just sitting around, but I think it is best. Tomorrow late afternoon I may hit a movie, more to be in AC than for the movie, though the bus or walk downtown will be brutal.

Ha

It's 92 in my apartment, and I have pretty good airflow here. I hate to think what it might be without that.

Seattle high today was 97, which tied the all time record. Tomorrow they predict over 100. It was over 100 on the east side of Lake Washington today.

During hot spells in the past I lived along the sound north of the city. It was much cooler there.

It is hard for me to realize how much water I have to drink. I drink and drink and drink and I still don't pee much. A few hours ago I thought- why do I feel so beat? I drank about 2 quarts of really cold water and felt much better.

It is dry. I notice almost no actual sweat. I guess it just evaporates immediately. I do have a good fan blowing on me. I feel kind of stupid just sitting around, but I think it is best. Tomorrow late afternoon I may hit a movie, more to be in AC than for the movie, though the bus or walk downtown will be brutal.

Ha

We bailed and went out to Dungeness spit just past Sequim. Hot but tolerable. I have never seen the Straits of Juan de Fuca glass calm like they were today.

100+ :( I can't wait for tomorrow...

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom