Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #601
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
W2R, thanks for your efforts but it looks like the national news is carrying the load at the moment. 34 days and counting of temps at 100 and above...
That's simply unbearable! My sympathies. Glad you have been able to get away now and then.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #602
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
W2R, thanks for your efforts but it looks like the national news is carrying the load at the moment. We average is less than 10 days per year of temps 100 and above at we're currently sitting at 34 days and counting...
Yep. 106º here yesterday. And, obviously, no rain.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #603
Give me a forum ...

We're getting some rain now.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #604
Give me a forum ...

Things have improved here. Last week we had 5 straight days of below 90 temps with some rain. A couple of nights of 58-60 temps. Pretty nice for this time of year. Suppose to rain off and on this week with similar temps. 88 right now. I'm happy.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #605
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
88 right now. I'm happy.
97 99 here already.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 07-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #606
Moderator Emeritus

Come visit Texans. It's beautiful up here.

76° F | 54° F

T-storms 20% chance of precipitation

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #607
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I had friends from Texas visiting last week
They enjoyed it very much. They promised to return the favor and let me visit next February
Old 07-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #608
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #609
Recycles dryer sheets

Well......today, there's been rain 30 miles north of me (hope you enjoyed it bbbamI) 15 miles south of me, and 5 miles west of me. Not a drop here. I feel like I live in a black hole.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #610
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
We have quite a few old-timers out here who have lived their whole lives here -- 60, 70, 80 years or more. Most of them tell me that this is the most miserably brutal summer they have EVER experienced here.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #611
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
We have quite a few old-timers out here who have lived their whole lives here -- 60, 70, 80 years or more. Most of them tell me that this is the most miserably brutal summer they have EVER experienced here.
Here in Ohio, it's been the coolest July on record.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #612
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
The conventional wisdom is that a La Nina brings cooling.

It doesn't. It just transfers all the heat to Texas, as if we didn't have enough in a normal summer.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #613
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I haven't heard anything official but this must be one of the coolest summers in Wisconsin as well. Only hit 90 2 days and has been under 80 more often than not. The humidity is still high especially at night. Last night at w*rk the humidity was 91% but it was only 60 degrees so still not bad.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #614
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

In MN we are below normal, but I don't believe we are anywhere near the coolest on record.
aaronc, should be some relief on the way, dew points started dropping here just this afternoon
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #615
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundkey View Post
Well......today, there's been rain 30 miles north of me (hope you enjoyed it bbbamI) 15 miles south of me, and 5 miles west of me. Not a drop here. I feel like I live in a black hole.
It started raining this a.m. and has rained constantly..it's still raining. Sounds like there is more to come the next few days. It's crazy that we're receiving all this rain in July.

Poundkey, I tried to blow cool air in REWahoo's direction, but it didn't work. I wish I could help, but I got nothin'.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #616
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
It started raining this a.m. and has rained constantly..it's still raining. Sounds like there is more to come the next few days. It's crazy that we're receiving all this rain in July.

Poundkey, I tried to blow cool air in REWahoo's direction, but it didn't work. I wish I could help, but I got nothin'.

It really is unusual for this time of year. I still haven't got a drop, but it's just west of me again. I'm gonna try to not to scare it off this time.
Weather Radar | North Texas | WFAA.com

Down in REW's area it's really bad I hear. Like the late 50s/early 60s when we were torching prickly pear for the cattle to eat. Darn cows would follow us around and eat the pear while it was still smoking.....pretty crazy stuff.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #617
Give me a forum ...

It's 90 here in Seattle at 9 pm. And almost no one here has AC. It is dry, so it could be a lot worse. And, according to the forecast, it will be!

Ha
Old 07-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #618
Gone but not forgotten

We are in our typical summer pattern . Afternoon thundershowers to cool things down.

Current conditions (as of 8:53 AM)Today's forecast°F | °C
Clear
81°FFeels like: 86°F
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #619
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundkey View Post
Down in REW's area it's really bad I hear. Like the late 50s/early 60s when we were torching prickly pear for the cattle to eat. Darn cows would follow us around and eat the pear while it was still smoking.....pretty crazy stuff.
I hear this evening's ABC World News (Charlie Gibson) will have a segment on how the drought is going to cost US consumers at the grocery store this year...
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #620
Moderator Emeritus

Nice yard work weather.

70° F | 49° F

72° F | 47° F

63° F | 52° F

72° F | 56° F

72° F | 52° F

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Closed Thread