This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 10 inches down and its coming down at 2 inches an hour now at 9-10 pm. Starting to blow too. The snow is very wet. I bent out the door to measure it and got soaked immediately. I'm in central MD and not in the worst of it (yet).

I've got 10 inches down and its coming down at 2 inches an hour now at 9-10 pm. Starting to blow too. The snow is very wet. I bent out the door to measure it and got soaked immediately. I'm in central MD and not in the worst of it (yet).

Tesaje: my snow buddy and a fellow cat lover to boot:D Notice how the cats are unconcerned? As long as the cat food holds out, they're just fine.

Tesaje: my snow buddy and a fellow cat lover to boot:D Notice how the cats are unconcerned? As long as the cat food holds out, they're just fine.

Cats crack me up. Food, some place to poo properly and something warm to snuggle up with.

Fortunately DW had the foresight to make a big pot of chili yesterday. This morning we cleared snow that was up to the height of the intake on the snow thrower. No motorcycling anytime soon.

Attachments

• Blizzard 2010-02-06 010.JPG
    Blizzard 2010-02-06 010.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 2
Hey Walt34 - your neighborhood looks a lot like mine:D. I'm making chili tonight.

Attachments

• P1010225.JPG
    P1010225.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010222.JPG
    P1010222.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010228.JPG
    P1010228.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010221.JPG
    P1010221.JPG
    415.6 KB · Views: 1
Rainy day here but I don't get it. Here, on a rainy day people get this dreamy look on their faces, "ah, it's snowing in the mountains," that is, on the ski slopes. Now they can put chains on their tires, take a miserable five hour drive that stretches to thirteen or so because of snow conditions, and come back Monday morning with harrowing travel stories.

No snow where I am of course unless we drive up to our high-country boonies home, but we might get some rain this evening. Still, I have been itching to have this chance to post one of my favorite songs since adolescence.

It's "Tombe la neige" by Salvatore Adamo, written in 1963 when this Belgian of Sicilian origin was only 20. He has several that I love, but this one is well known through Europe and Asia. The following video has squirrels and birds both for animal lovers.
YouTube - Adamo Tombe la neige (Version originale)
Tombe la neige
Tu ne viendras pas ce soir
Tombe la neige
Et mon cœur s'habille de noir
Ce soyeux cortège
Tout en larmes blanches
L'oiseau sur la branche
Pleure le sortilège

Snow falls
You will not come tonight
Snow falls
And my heart is dressed in black
This silky procession
All a white tear
The bird on the branch
Weeps a magic spell

Holy crap!
CatMad3.gif
How many [-]feet[/-] inches did y'all get?

Over 30". Here's my famous Webber grill shot from this storm. For comparison purposes, I included the shot from last December's storm too.

Attachments

• P1010233.JPG
    P1010233.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Back Door.JPG
    Back Door.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 0
Oh Ziggy...that guy is a hoot! :ROFLMAO:....and a little crazy...:blink:

Over 30 inches...keep the kitties inside or you'll never find them in the snow! If you have to go outside, don't fall down! :eek:

Oh boy, Tombe la neige. Him, I understand and would remember what he says. My iPod weather report usually shows rain coming out of the sun, what does that mean? Oh boy, be prepared.

Nice pics Khan! But at first I thought that squirrel was eating food from a campfire....:D

Wow, Walt34, Purron, Khan, and others - - you are really getting hammered! Quite a storm.

Wow, Walt34, Purron, Khan, and others - - you are really getting hammered! Quite a storm.
No kidding. I feel guilty in reporting good weather news: that here in Central Texas, after one of the worst droughts in recorded history last year, Lake Travis (the largest reservoir in the chain in the Austin area) is within a foot of *normal* for this time of year and still rising. It should be ABOVE normal later in the upcoming week. Six months ago it looked pretty desperate and was close to 30 feet below normal. El Nino to the rescue....

Yes, I was wondering about that terrible drought. We do not have a drought last year, and still welcome precipitation here in AZ any chance we have.

Here is another "Tombe la neige" video. This one uses a not-so-old recording and the sound quality is better.

YouTube - Adamo , Tombe la neige

We usually do not have much snow in the boonies area of our 2nd home, but here is a photo taken out the rear deck after a big storm in 2006.

img_901255_0_25932c7902e0f8185cdd33cb211b1fef.jpg

We got 12 inches of snow in Morgantown WV when my DH measured earlier today. I shoveled my driveway and it is a heavy snow. My DH did his much longer driveway, sidewalk, porch and steps. He used a snow blower part of the time, but said that it was not really good for this much snow, so he used a snow shovel also.

Boy, what a difference a week can make in your life. I just returned 2/1 from a cruise to Aruba. Totally different weather! I gained 3 lbs while I was away, so today was a good workout toward losing the weight.

I have a pot of chili cooking also.

This morning around 6:30 I turned on the TV to the pre-Today show. Our Chicago weatherperson reported the snow on the East Coast, and then in extremely somber tones said, "But here in Chicago, we face a different weather problem. The wind." She tried to make our 15 (max) mph wind a serious issue that would make our low 30s temps seem like---17 degrees! I thought, hmmm, 30 inches of heavy wet snow vs. a mild February day that is a touch windy:confused:

Be careful out there shoveling, Purron, Khan, Walt, etc.!

Winter storm watch issued for our area. Might get another 5-8" on top of the 30+". We have officially entered hell.

CatMad3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom