This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowing lightly right now in the PNW. Thats early for us and more expected given La Nina.

DD

Snowing lightly right now in the PNW. Thats early for us and more expected given La Nina.

DD

Looked at the weather cam for Snoqualmie Pass on I-90. Yes it certainly is snowing. North Bend WA is my old stomping grounds in the days where you may be the only one on Mt Si.

Terrible weather in Shreveport today...78 degrees, slight wind, mostly sunny skies...I don't know how anybody can stand this......

Terrible weather in Shreveport today...78 degrees, slight wind, mostly sunny skies...I don't know how anybody can stand this......
Drop us a note in July . . .:)
Near beautiful Dayton: Light breeze, solid blue skies, 65 deg F. Perfect. Maybe the last of this we'll get . . .

Drop us a note in July . . .:)
Near beautiful Dayton: Light breeze, solid blue skies, 65 deg F. Perfect. Maybe the last of this we'll get . . .

You got that right (the part about July). I might have to head back up to Wisconsin for a couple of months in the summer...it was quite pleasant up thataway between June & September.

77 degrees, cloudy and very windy in my 'burb. If I had a skirt on, it would be flyin' over my head. :eek: Turkey day high is supposed to be 49 degrees.

77 degrees, cloudy and very windy in my 'burb. If I had a skirt on, it would be flyin' over my head. :eek: Turkey day high is supposed to be 49 degrees.

ummm...I would like to make a comment, but probably better not...:angel:

Turkey day's one of my favorites!

Weather in Independence Oregon now: 41. La Quinta Ca. 65

Projected Tuesday weather highs and lows?
Indep: 33 and 22
LQ: 67 and 44

Busy trimming the Mesquite that was overhanging and in the pool and filling pool with water.

ummm...I would like to make a comment, but probably better not...:angel:

Turkey day's one of my favorites!
Well now...that's a nice comment....;)

Ahhh...thinkin' about skirts and windy weather... During my w*rking daze, I wore dresses, blouses and skirts on a routine basis. I thought about placing weights in the hems so I could keep, ummm...modest during the windy days. I reconsidered however when I could see myself getting knocked in the head with those weights and losing consciousness. :LOL:

Well now...that's a nice comment....;)

Ahhh...thinkin' about skirts and windy weather... During my w*rking daze, I wore dresses, blouses and skirts on a routine basis. I thought about placing weights in the hems so I could keep, ummm...modest during the windy days. I reconsidered however when I could see myself getting knocked in the head with those weights and losing consciousness. :LOL:

You certainly have a way of getting a guy's imagination rolling...! >:D

You certainly have a way of getting a guy's imagination rolling...! >:D
Well imagination is nice, but I know men are visual...so here ya go. Now, you have to promise me that you won't share this photo with anyone else....ok? ;)

:D

Well imagination is nice, but I know men are visual...so here ya go. Now, you have to promise me that you won't share this photo with anyone else....ok? ;)

:D

Marylin was/is definitely a hottie! There's just something about a bad girl... :cool:

High of 78 today, sunny and lovely. Nice! Last week was even nicer, because it was about 10 degrees cooler, sunny, brisk, and delightful.

October is usually New Orleans' best month for weather, but this year our October weather has lasted through November too.

Never fear - - we will have more bad weather later on. Rain, flooding, oppressive heat, hurricanes, even snowy weather can all occur here from time to time during the year. But for now, we couldn't ask for better weather.

Snowing and sticking in Seattle this morning, but I expect it will all be gone by this afternoon.

SW PA, 72 F. Niiiice.

Forecast for my area:

Tuesday:
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 15. North northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 10. East southeast wind between 7 and 14 mph.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 20. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northeast. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely and widespread blowing snow. Cloudy and blustery, with a low around 4. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thanksgiving Day: Widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and blustery, with a high near 13. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

68F and mostly sunny; was windy earlier. Supposed to be cold and wet starting tomorrow.

Snowing and sticking in Seattle this morning, but I expect it will all be gone by this afternoon.
Snow harder now. I have about 2" in the drive. There is not going to be any melting today, it is getting colder all the time. My GF has to drive up north, but she at least has dedicated snow tires. Might be a mess getting out of the city tonight.

Ha

68F and mostly sunny; was windy earlier. Supposed to be cold and wet starting tomorrow.

Snow harder now. I have about 2" in the drive. There is not going to be any melting today, it is getting colder all the time. My GF has to drive up north, but she at least has dedicated snow tires. Might be a mess getting out of the city tonight.

Ha
Boy was I wrong! it's past ten PM and still snowing hard. It was indeed a mess! It only took about twice as long as usual to get to work—the bus had to drive slowly because it was all chained up but the snow wasn't sticking in the driving lanes yet. But coming home took almost three hours. It's a distance of less than ten miles, with a usual door-to-door time of half an hour or so on the fastest of several available bus routes. The "nearly 3 hours" included 30-45 minutes of being stuck at the end of the bus tunnel, because the street we had to turn onto to continue was at a complete standstill. Unless warmer temps and rain show up two days early, I'm staying home from work tomorrow, and already sent an email to the choir director saying I won't be at practice tomorrow, if it isn't canceled anyway.

added later: forgot to say that the temperature leaving downtown around 6:30 was in the mid-20's and blowing hard. I would guess lows tonight may go down into the teens, and I don't think it's expected to go above freezing during the day tomorrow. brrrr!

Boy was I wrong! it's past ten PM and still snowing hard. It was indeed a mess! It only took about twice as long as usual to get to work—the bus had to drive slowly because it was all chained up but the snow wasn't sticking in the driving lanes yet. But coming home took almost three hours. It's a distance of less than ten miles, with a usual door-to-door time of half an hour or so on the fastest of several available bus routes. The "nearly 3 hours" included 30-45 minutes of being stuck at the end of the bus tunnel, because the street we had to turn onto to continue was at a complete standstill. Unless warmer temps and rain show up two days early, I'm staying home from work tomorrow, and already sent an email to the choir director saying I won't be at practice tomorrow, if it isn't canceled anyway.

added later: forgot to say that the temperature leaving downtown around 6:30 was in the mid-20's and blowing hard. I would guess lows tonight may go down into the teens, and I don't think it's expected to go above freezing during the day tomorrow. brrrr!

Yech! I am always interested in the weather in Seattle... and San Francisco. It eventually ends up here. Guess I better stock up on the meds.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Could be better, could be worst. The basil and peppers are still doing fine.

My African spurred tortoise hates being inside at night.

Forecast for Eastern Cochise County below 5000 feet
[/FONT]
Area Forecast For:
Issued: November 23, 2010 02:30:30 MST

Today: Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs 61 to 66.
Wednesday: Breezy. Partly cloudy. Highs 56 to 61. West wind 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.
Thanksgiving day: Partly cloudy. Highs 51 to 56.
Friday: Sunny. Highs 57 to 62.
Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs 60 to 65.
Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs 55 to 60. Chance of precipitation 10 percent.

Yech! I am always interested in the weather in Seattle... and San Francisco. It eventually ends up here. Guess I better stock up on the meds.
Not to worry. I checked the 10-day forecast on weather.com and your lows will be higher than our highs, which should be back into the mid-40's here by this weekend. The tricky thing will be getting across town to my parents' house for T-day. They have an invite nearby that includes me, but my mom says they have no chains and can't get to host's house if the roads are still icy. If warmth and rain are behind schedule, I may propose the idea of postponing until Friday. I think that would work for parents and host, but one of the other guests is coming via dial-a-ride (special transport for handicapped persons). I don't know if she can reschedule this late, or dial-a-ride may say they can't make it up the hill. She may opt not to come anyway, as getting into the house requires hand carrying guest and wheelchair up four or five steps which are undoubtedly a sheet of ice at the moment. It's tricky under the best of conditions and maybe not even to be contemplated in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom