Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #1601
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound
I reckon that was what this rider wanted to do to his driver.
I don't know which is more amusing, the video or the title...Crash at Isle Of Man TT

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #1602
Moderator Emeritus

It is 64 and clear outside right now. Mosquitoes about done for the year with none pestering me. I can see the milky way but I need to review my stars. Nice out. Smells like fall.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #1603
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Is it October yet?
I hope not. I have to start using heat in October. Last year it got down below freezing in October for a few days. October is the beginning of 7 months of hell for me so no it's not October yet, thankfully.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I hope not. I have to start using heat in October. Last year it got down below freezing in October for a few days. October is the beginning of 7 months of hell for me so no it's not October yet, thankfully.
So you're saying Hell freezes over where you are?
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 AM   #1605
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
It is 64 and clear outside right now. Mosquitoes about done for the year with none pestering me. I can see the milky way but I need to review my stars. Nice out. Smells like fall.
Hang on to that. We are on our way to International Falls -- should be there next week sometime. After Iowa, we could use some temperatures in the 60s.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #1606

Long pants and a hoodie and i'm still cold after just 5 minutes outside. I miss summer already! We may be getting windchills into the 30's the next couple nights/mornings. 200 miles north of me they had light frost and 32 degrees a couple days ago.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #1607
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Very very dry.
Much stuff is dead/brown.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #1608
Give me a forum ...

Nice fall morning, Seattle style. Temp 60.4, dew point 60.

We had about two or three weeks of summer this year, and so far no nice fall except the odd day. It's being blamed on La Niņa, wouldn't you know it?

Ha
Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #1609
Give me a forum ...

Had a surprise toad-strangler last week, then a bit of a cold-front and some more rain this week. Grass might just live...

Current conditions: 88 degrees, 53% humidity, with forecasted highs in the mid-90s through the weekend, and into next week.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #1610
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Nice fall morning, Seattle style. Temp 60.4, dew point 60.Ha
TRANSLATION: Rain, Rain, Rain & more rain.....
Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #1611

I can't believe what I'm thinking, but I actually might go downtown to my office tomorrow. Part of my j@b is overlooking the data on the recording stations that watch for overflows in the local sewer system (sorry if that's TMI). I'm a bit worried about one of the stations on my list, and it's been pouring rain all evening. Unfortunately I can't access the data from home. Curiosity may get the better of me.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #1612

Frost advisory tonight... and so it begins

We get winter weather during 9 months of the year. I do not belong here.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #1613

Opened the windows last night. Woke up to a 52 degree morning. Bliss. Ding dong, the Wicked Witch of Texas Summer is dying...
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #1614
Recycles dryer sheets

It's raining on the Mid-Atlantic coast - finally. Maybe 2 to 3 days of rain, which we desperately need. Especially after the past severals days of 90+ degree days with high humidity.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #1615
Give me a forum ...

Finally got a little rain yesterday morning. Needed a lot more, but it did bring a cool front through. Temps low 50's this morning and the high today is 78. Low 80's all week. Going to be some good golf weather this week.

Time to take the mutt on our 5 mile hike at the local state park. I'm sure he will get in a little swimming too.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #1616
Administrator

It is FABULOUS out there today. The cold front passed through over the weekend, leaving us with cooler temperatures in the low 80's, brilliant sunshine, and night temperatures below 70!!!!

October (the best month for weather here in New Orleans) is on its way.

― B. Lee

W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #1617
Moderator Emeritus

It is fabulous here too. The sun is shining. The frost melted and dried in the nearly 60 degree air. The fall colors are still great. I just saw a tree filed with Myrtle warblers flocking on their trip south.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #1618
Moderator Emeritus

The weather lady is predicting fabulous tomorrow, another scorcher today (without A/C). Gotta get out and check on the birds. Best possible season here, too.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #1619
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Opened the windows last night. Woke up to a 52 degree morning. Bliss. Ding dong, the Wicked Witch of Texas Summer is dying...
Heh...I've realized I've been in TX too long when the 50's seem chilly to me. When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...
Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Heh...I've realized I've been in TX too long when the 50's seem chilly to me. When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...
I've been in Wisconsin for 30 years and haven't gotten used to the cold, and never will. 50 degrees is cold to me. I wear a hoodie and limit my time outside as much as possible when it drops below 60 which is about 8 months out of the year.