This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 F in East Nowhere NY. the sun is shining, very little wind, life is good.
A section of my closed loop hot water heating system, on the north side of the house above the dryer vent, froze up yesterday due to bitter cold temps.
No pipes burst, TG. I thawed it out by running the dryer empty for an hour and using a ceramic heater and a cookie sheet tilted to concentrate the heat on the section of copper pipe underneath the kitchen sink.
Freebird 1, Winter 0
:cool:

19F.

Put the heated water dish out for the birds (it stops being effective below about 10F).

The thermostat said to replace the batteries (I have done so before). The thermostat didn't works. I tried some other batteries, then called the plumbing & heating place. Now I have a new thermostat and the temperature is rising from 53F back to 60F.

He didn't even charge me weekend rates.

Better today, but still pretty cool. 46 at this moment with wind chill of 39. I went to the club today for lunch and to just get out of the house. There were some actually playing golf. They must have some antifreeze inside them.
img_773261_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif
Too cold for me. Suppose to be in the low 50's next week. I'll give it a try then.:blink:

23F
Sleet and snow
Might be a foot or so total

So good to be retired and not have to leave the house until Friday orso

Kahn: Same over here in Dublin. Just moved the trash bin to the curb at 5:00 am. Street cleaners were working on the drive way and streets (Condos have some benefits). About 4 inches on the ground but now it is RAINING big drops and snow has a ice coating of about a quarter of an inch. Salt trucks out but it is still going to be rough morning for the commuters. We have a Dental Appointment at OSU at 10:30 am, may just skip that thing and stay home.

We have had light snow on the north shore of Lake Erie for about four hours. About 2 inches total. May be four to six more if the forcast is right.

Sleet and rain this morning, cup of tea, 85 F from the stove. All is well here in SW PA.

Sixties and very humid and close on my way in to work. Since then the rain started, and the 40's are predicted by this afternoon. Not bad, though it was difficult to know what to wear (decided on wearing a cardigan sweater and carrying a goretex rainjacket for going home in the cold rain this afternoon).

My planned retirement location has 3" of snow on the ground already, on top of 2" of sleet and ice. I still want to move there. On days like this, I just wouldn't go anywhere. Frank and I plan to live near each other, probably on the same block, so on this type of day we could walk to visit one another but that's about it.

Near Dayton: Sleet/wet snow last night and about 4" of snow overnight/morning. I cleared the driveway with the small electric "power shovel" (a poor excuse for a snowblower, but much better than shoveling). Snow continues, we should get a few more inches. The birds and squirrels are happy we've kept the feeders full.

Despite the inconvenience--very pretty to look at and fun to sit inside and enjoy it.

Every year there is a 380 mile sled dog race that starts and ends here in Duluth, MN. The race is just about to finish. Out of 21 racers, only 6 remain. Cold, bitter winds, and a hard and fast trail has been hard on everyone. Here is the guy who is in second place as of last night:
pxbear0128_300px.jpg

Here is the portable sauna (pronouced sowna) waiting to warm up the finishers:

pxsauna0128_300px.jpg

Bitter cold here, had to wear long pants into the office.

Here is the portable sauna (pronouced sowna) waiting to warm up the finishers:

pxsauna0128_300px.jpg
Hey where are the birch twigs, for self flagellation? Must make trek to sauna bare a$$ed in the snow.

Near Dayton: Sleet/wet snow last night and about 4" of snow overnight/morning. I cleared the driveway with the small electric "power shovel" (a poor excuse for a snowblower, but much better than shoveling). Snow continues, we should get a few more inches. The birds and squirrels are happy we've kept the feeders full.

Despite the inconvenience--very pretty to look at and fun to sit inside and enjoy it.

(Also near Dayton)

Final result: 3 inches of snow + 1/4 ice + 5 inches snow.

Going to be a bear to shovel or scrape.

Wonder if the mail will arrive.

Hey where are the birch twigs, for self flagellation? Must make trek to sauna bare a$$ed in the snow.

Careful, or I will post my picture again of middle aged naked people making their way to sauna.

We had two more inches of snow here in Mid Michigan. There must be a foot and a half out there now.

I'm not used to driving in this or in braving temps in the teens.

I ran around doing errands in preparations for my Mom's surprise birthday party on Saturday. I have a few more hours of errands to do on Friday and I'm done.

In the meantime, I hope that was the last of the snow for a while. I think it's going to warm up to the 20's after today!

Careful, or I will post my picture again of middle aged naked people making their way to sauna.

You forget- I liked that tall woman with good posture and a nice bottom.

Middle aged is an upgrade for me.

Please bring her back.

Ha

We got almost a foot of snow here yesterday. I did the driveway today before the sun melted it down. That would have been a nightmare :nonono: for dh2b to blow off heavier snow when he gets home later.

NEWSFLASH - I actually saw the very early beginnings of bud growth on my lilac trees. They are just slightly larger than they were in the fall.
The trees know...:cool:

No snowplow or mail yesterday or today. Will have to venture by Saturday.

I hope they showered first. I can't imagine the steam plus tens days' worth of road grime, dirt, and BO. It reminds me of the bathroom at work. The urinal doesn't flush, but people continue to pee in it. Across from the urinal is a small electric heater that always seems to be on high. It smells like urine soup in the bathroom.

I hope they showered first. I can't imagine the steam plus tens days' worth of road grime, dirt, and BO. It reminds me of the bathroom at work. The urinal doesn't flush, but people continue to pee in it. Across from the urinal is a small electric heater that always seems to be on high. It smells like urine soup in the bathroom.

That's got to be a health violation, of some kind. :yuk::sick:

I It reminds me of the bathroom at work. The urinal doesn't flush, but people continue to pee in it. Across from the urinal is a small electric heater that always seems to be on high. It smells like urine soup in the bathroom.

Sure clears the sinuses fast.

I hope they showered first. I can't imagine the steam plus tens days' worth of road grime, dirt, and BO.

You go sauna to get clean, so why go in there clean? Our sauna where I grew up had a hose and drain right inside so you could open the door and hose off to wash away the sweat when you are done.

Cold water only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom